the Rift

[challenge] the silence has shattered [bucephalus]

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
I knew. Even as the words just slipped from my lips, deep in my gut there was a feeling that she would not simply accept her error, and I my own, and we would leave the border in moderate peace. No... No, she was too much like Gaucho, like all the other damn warriors here that seemed to resort to fighting more than any sort of compromise.

This day, needless blood would be spilled. Blood that could have been avoided, could have been prevented, had either of us been just a little less proud.

"No."

I almost wish to slump with resignation, for the mare has chosen which path she would like us to skip merrily down, further into our own destruction, all in the name of pride. I was not without fault, but I couldn't help the feeling that we could have avoided all this with ease. I offered her a chance, as did she offer me, yet both of us refused the trembling offer of peace the other extended.

A blaze of pain tearing down my neck tore me from my mind, and I jerked back, just in time to feel her feet clip my chest, knocking the wind from my lungs. He roars, calling for her blood at the throbbing pain lancing through my neck, and I cannot agree more. Pride was at stake, for both of us, well, three of us. I am too tired to fight, my thoughts muddled and distracted, so for the first time in my life, I willingly surrender to him.

I will deal with the consequences later.

He takes rein, and for once we think as one. Our chest heaves, and for a moment we can't draw enough air into our lungs, too stunned by the hit across our chest. Then air finally pulls into our lungs, filling us up, and together we let loose a bellow filled with all the fury of a hurricane, calling blood for blood. Her back is to us, and we take advantage, rearing up to lash out towards her hindquarters, but we know the hazards, and the moment our feet drop down, we move. Vision tinted red by the throbbing pain in our neck and the increasing ache in our chest, we snarl. She would pay for every bruise and cut on our body, for every blow to our pride.

Wings unfurl, pumping the air furiously, stirring the sand that already hovered in the air into a stinging frenzy. Against our own hide it lashes, adding to the rawness her teeth left across our neck, but it, like our fury, is directed at her. White teeth flash from peeled lips in a grin, for as we stir this little hurricane of sand and dust we move to the left, away from where we were, gaze focused upon the skymare before us. He wanted her broken, I wanted her apology, and while our goals were different, right here and right now we were one, intent on taking our pound of flesh from her.

The sands would be tainted red this day.

"Speech."

WC: 508/800
Attack: 1/4
Closing Defense: 0/1
Summary: Caught off guard by Cirrus's initial attack, her teeth tears the skin down his neck, and he stumbles to the side just as Cirrus lashes out with her hind hooves, and instead of hitting his shoulder the blow lands across his chest. He is stunned for a few seconds, before he rears and lashes out in retaliation, aiming to plant his forehooves across her rump before he backs up. Then he unfurls his wings and begins stirring up the sands as a cover as he moves around to her left side.
@[Cirrus]
Bucephalus the Morningstar
watch out because I don't hold back
keep pressing cause I'll never crack
credits :: table

Pixel by Aud

Messages In This Thread