the Rift

[OPEN] // Search and Rescue
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
At long last the blistering fireball fell beyond the horizon, fading to burn another part of this world half an ocean away. Stagnit humidity hung thick as molasses; yar, there was no cool place. Even the mountains are wet with perspiration, and standing near the thunder of water and spray provided relief...nar...but tis only temporary. Seemed our fur stayed damp constantly.

Even Fina was uncomfortable and her mood soured as the days turned from warm, to hot, to unbearable during the high point of the afternoon. Tis funny...A god is punished for murdering mortals, and we suffer the affliction as if our bodies had committed the crime. Nar...I frowned. Watching as yon pale light disappeared and glowing fireflies emerged from their hidden places; other creatures such as the locust, cricket and tree frog all came alive to sing an off tune melody.

From my perch on the cliff side I also watch a dark female soar into the valley. My gaze drifts to her without much interest at first, there were many new bloods coming and going -- my first thought was yon girl was one such individual. Pinons spread, laboring to pull me into the air -- one more check of the border before shift change.
______

The last embers finally burnt away. I circled round and came upon the trio standing in a field closest to the entrance of our land. Feathers slither close, carrying me lower until toes collide with the withered flora, a bed of soggy turf. Gold spreads, quickly crying off and disappearing as I step to join them. A warm smile extends toward the group, with my gaze falling gently upon Africa -- who appeared nearly as travel worn as the...A breath and closer inspection placed a name and origin to the dark lass, "Hail," to our company I voice, "Is all well?"

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
// Search and Rescue - by Megaera - 02-05-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: // Search and Rescue - by Africa - 02-06-2015, 04:02 PM
RE: // Search and Rescue - by Megaera - 02-06-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: // Search and Rescue - by Africa - 02-06-2015, 10:24 PM
RE: // Search and Rescue - by Megaera - 02-07-2015, 03:01 AM
RE: // Search and Rescue - by Rasta - 02-07-2015, 02:16 PM
RE: // Search and Rescue - by Midas - 02-08-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: // Search and Rescue - by Megaera - 02-09-2015, 04:57 PM
RE: // Search and Rescue - by Africa - 02-11-2015, 06:31 PM
RE: // Search and Rescue - by Rasta - 02-11-2015, 10:18 PM