the Rift

[OPEN] // Search and Rescue

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

I had been trying to be nice to this newcomer, but the way that she turned to me - form ruffling in anger - did little to keep the politeness where I stood. Instantly, roots began to shoot up from the ground (their mother's the bushes not far off from where we stood) and they shot around where the mare was standing. I dare her to move - to try and come forward an keep talking. My ears pin even farther back as she snaps, saying that the Sultana was missing, turned up in need of healing, and had been here for weeks. I could only scoff. I had found her but a few days ago, and I wasn't planning on leaving her side. Africa had been in no state to go and I had not been sure who else to dispatch to go.

I bristle, standing up taller, plants swaying threateningly in the air around her - though not yet clinging to grasp at the mare and pin her down. "It would be best you stop using that tone when in our herdlands." I chide, eyes narrowing. "I may not be a leader, but I am within my right to ask you to leave." I was not pleased, not at all pleased. The anger radiated through my veins, causing Ettore to click in his nest with discomfort. Still, though, I moved to offer some protection for Africa before Midas appeared. I snort, only allowing the roots to slither back into the ground after the mare's apology. Though, I will admit that I was still oh-so-very ready to cause my roots to cling to her limbs and yank her back onto the earth if she tried anything. There was a gentle bob of my head to Midas in greeting, though I did not say anything to him just yet.

She asked to know what had happened, saying that she wouldn't linger long and saying that the Wildfire was worried. I scoffed again, he hadn't been too concerned when I had spoken to him last. In fact, he said she was away on business with one of their sons - a son she hadn't left with. He just wasn't very informed, now was he? "Sohalia has only been here for a matter of days - I found her less than a week ago attempting to basically crawl back to the Throat. She needed medical attention, which Africa gave her, and then I asked her to stay and recuperate. It is up to her if she wishes to divulge what happened to her - but know that it was not her choice to leave in the first place." I pause taking in a deep breath and bristling my flesh before I moved onto the accusation of my incompetence. "I dare not leave her side during that time - Africa was not able to go back to the Throat at this time, and I knew of no one else I could ask to leave to go tell Gaucho. Besides, when I spoke to him earlier her did not seem too distressed about her disappearance. In fact, he claimed she was gone on business with their son and she wasn't. I figured he could stay under that illusion a little while longer. Sohalia left but a day or two prior to this, to mourn the loss of her child, and should be returning to the Throat. I was leaving now to meet up with her there, though I guess my presence won't be needed now since you can spin your own tale to Gaucho." I snapped, letting out a snort before backing up so that I was directly beside Africa and no longer in a fighting stance.

Yea. I still wanted to hold her hostage after that tone she had spoken to me with. I was not pleased at all with this mare's tact.

Rayo wanted to let y'all know that Sohalia was only in the Falls for a few days before leaving ^^ the information Rasta gave is what Sohalia is actually doing, and what she'll have in stone in the recuperation thread we currently have in play (but is moving slowly)

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Messages In This Thread
// Search and Rescue - by Megaera - 02-05-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: // Search and Rescue - by Africa - 02-06-2015, 04:02 PM
RE: // Search and Rescue - by Megaera - 02-06-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: // Search and Rescue - by Africa - 02-06-2015, 10:24 PM
RE: // Search and Rescue - by Megaera - 02-07-2015, 03:01 AM
RE: // Search and Rescue - by Rasta - 02-07-2015, 02:16 PM
RE: // Search and Rescue - by Midas - 02-08-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: // Search and Rescue - by Megaera - 02-09-2015, 04:57 PM