the Rift

;; diary of a nomadic pegasus

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee
Their muzzles brush together, tender skin ripples and his lip reaches upwards. Withdrawing himself from her vicinity, he lifts his head into the air. Ivory lip still stretched upwards as his mind processes her scent. She is sweet and foul, an odd mixture of a mare's natural perfume, sweat, and dirt. She is something foreign, yet oddly familiar. His lids flutter for a moment before he settles, lip comfortably resting shut and head hanging low once more. She was his first scent of Helovian stock. Perhaps eventually Caleb would grow accustomed to their smell and ways, but for now, everything was remarkably new and he was the alien, trying to learn the ropes.

She offers him a reasoning to her presence, an unusual one, but still a reasoning. Why has she run from her home to come here? Silently, he toyed with the idea that she was trying to leave this place. Would he find blood, murder, rape, and horrible things past these lush woods?

Her voice lulls him to the present, easing his mind momentarily of worries, replacing it with pointless questions to answer. This question was simple, however, one he could easily answer. "The land is forgotten, because the horses that once roamed there are gone. How can something be remembered if no one is there to remember it? I, myself, have been forgotten. I am a mirage of what I used to be, only a fragment is left-- the rest lost to minds with hearts that have ceased to pulse." Death. When the heart no longer pulses, sends oxygen rich blood through vessels and veins, no longer beats, the animal is dead. This is what he believes has come upon his home, though he is far from certain. His voice remains doubtless, leaving no room to second guess his whispered statement.

She continues, stating her name. One of the titan's large ears swivels forwards, the other remaining relaxed. Her name is Elsa. It's unique, special, unmatched. He had not heard anything similar, thus, he grew fond of the name rather quickly. "Mgh," he grunted. His grunt was deep, manly even. It is an acceptance of her statement of 'pleasure'. He thought for a moment, had this truly been pleasurable for her? To him she seems somewhat miserable. Did she think the colt would have been different? Had she hoped for someone older? Yet, this yearling seems pretty older. His body is already toned with scars and muscles, his skin taut and firm. He is already large, but he will grow much more. The young stallion's body will fill out further, legs will grow dense with muscle, neck will thicken, he will be stronger.

The snowy woman begins to speak once again, her soft voice becomes something more practiced. Has she said this line to many horses already? Was he just another? She informs him if the basics. This is Helovia, there is doom in the future, she hails from The Hidden Falls, and she invites Caleb to join her in the falls. This was a strange situation for the ebony boy. Why was a woman inviting him into a herd? The rituals here were strange, much weirder than in his home. His mind lingers on the doom part, and he wholeheartedly decides no doom is too big for him to handle (unless there is poison, magic, or spears involved). "I wish to roam as an outcast for now, but I shall find your hidden home in the future and perhaps join you herd. For now, I shall roam in solitude." He states simply. Caleb was not wired to be in a herd, not yet. He wouldn't even be much use. Thus, he chose to live alone. Lips part in a beam, revealing pearly teeth in an attractive smile, he nods his head a goodbye and begins to walk through the "gateway to doom".

Messages In This Thread
;; diary of a nomadic pegasus - by Caleb - 02-06-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: ;; diary of a nomadic pegasus - by Elsa - 02-07-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: ;; diary of a nomadic pegasus - by Caleb - 02-07-2015, 01:41 PM
RE: ;; diary of a nomadic pegasus - by Elsa - 02-07-2015, 02:55 PM
RE: ;; diary of a nomadic pegasus - by Caleb - 02-18-2015, 12:12 AM