the Rift

[OPEN] I'm done with my dying

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Shadow
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves

"It was given to me for a reason" the black mare nodded impassively, dreaded tail swatting at the storm of biters that struggled to keep up as she padded after Maren towards the fallen oak tree. The darkness beneath the surrounding trees was not exactly cool, but compared to the blazing afternoon sun the winged mare felt as though she had lowered herself into a river, a cool sensation lowering itself over her back. With a content sigh she slipped in beside the trunk and leaned against it, lids drooping in pleasure as she rubbed her sore, itching body against the rough bark. An ear ticked towards the striped girl as she came to lie down after her odd march around the tree, listening to what she had to say.

"Accents mean little in Helovia" Shadow said. "I've yet to find someone who hasn't come from somewhere else, or whose parents were foreigners, or for that matter anyone who's lived here for more than one or two generations. I'm foreign too... this isn't even my native language."

She shrugged a little, then settled in and reached for a new mouthful of grass, eyes traveling casually between Maren and a thin mist that crept slowly across the forest floor, out of place and out of season yet present none the less. As her most recent acquaintance asked whether she'd heard of the homeland, Shadow mulled it over for a while but eventually had to shake her head.

"If I have, I don't recall" she replied. "But I've rarely stayed longer than a few seasons in the same place for my whole life, so it's not impossible that I passed through without hearing a name." The accent was not familiar though, so it was highly unlikely that they had been in the same regions at any point.

"Are you planning on staying here, then? If you've found 'home' that is..."

It was a gradual process, but the Blackbird was beginning to relax. It had been some time since she simply talked to someone, but for all that it was more troublesome to have company than being alone she realized that she was rather enjoying it, despite herself.

[Maren] || So so sorry for the late reply! ;__; But omg I love Maren, she's so cute and I adore how you write her, so expressive!

image credits
table by whit

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Messages In This Thread
I'm done with my dying - by Shadow - 02-07-2015, 05:55 AM
RE: I'm done with my dying - by Maren - 02-09-2015, 08:09 AM
RE: I'm done with my dying - by Shadow - 02-10-2015, 03:16 AM
RE: I'm done with my dying - by Maren - 02-12-2015, 12:16 PM
RE: I'm done with my dying - by Shadow - 02-12-2015, 12:41 PM
RE: I'm done with my dying - by Maren - 02-15-2015, 09:12 AM
RE: I'm done with my dying - by Shadow - 02-15-2015, 10:08 AM