the Rift

[JUDGED] Lover Not a Fighter

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
ARTORIUS
your ticket to hell is a comin to you and I gotta a hollow point to give you the ride

Things were going smoothly, all of my stress and worry seemed to be going away with the gentle pull of the easy waves. A gentle sigh slid from my inky velvets and my ears were beginning to fall to the side in a relaxed position as all thoughts worked their way to the back of my mind, back into the filing cabinets where they belonged rather than a big jumbled up mess in the middle of everything. But it seemed the fate's weren't quite ready to release their grip on the handles of the insanity bike. Just as my dark lids were beginning to inch their way down my emerald pools the black blur of a mare disrupted the peace and quiet that I had been so enjoying. A flicker of irritation started to boil my blood that was stained by two different breeds, one meant for speed the other bred for it's endurance, for a second I hoped the mare would just continue on her way and leave me and the speckled egg be so she could continue her run and I could continue enjoying myself.

Of course that wasn't meant to happen, the sound of the black mare's hooves tearing the sand from it's resting place was no longer heard and for a second I panicked, what if she had stolen the speckled egg while I was over here being an irritable asshole? Turning quickly to asses the damage my emerald eyes were met with exactly what I was afraid was going to happen. The scene played out in front of me, nearly in slow motion as panic took over my mind, the dark, scrawny mare's nose was pressed against the smooth surface of the egg that just so happened to be moved from the position I had left it in not even five minutes ago. It seemed my mind wasn't working quite properly as my body leapt into action, salt water drenched legs tearing through the sand, sending clouds of it backwards where it would meet it's demise in the crashing waves while some of them clung to my legs for dear life. Any other day I would have stopped to make sure there wasn't any sand on my legs in fear of the itching that would soon come as the salt water dried in the sun, but today I wasn't worried about my own well being.

I had to protect the egg.

Rage and panic darkened my normally bright and happy emeralds as I surged closer to the mare. White splashed wings slammed outwards in a show of intimidation as I reached the mare, my pace not slowing for a second as I hoped to ram into the scrawny bitch's bony shoulder with all of my weight. Of course I would be more than content with my flesh meeting her's in any location that would get her away from the speckled egg. If I was lucky, my sudden approach would have been enough of a surprise that my weight on her body would knock her off balance or even shove her away from where the unhatched infant rested peacefully in the sand. Maybe I was overreacting, as I finally stopped moving forward and my wings tucked back into my rib cage, but then again, maybe I wasn't as I was the sole protector of that unborn child.

And protect it I would.

"blah blah blah."
Tag | @[Shadow]
Words | 567 / 800
Notes | N/A
rolling thread
Normal Timeline
No Companions | No Magic
3 Attacks + Closing Defense to the first attacker
Setting: Endless Blue, Noon 80 degrees, clear blue sky
1/3
0/1
Summary | Saw Shadow out of the corner of his eyes while he was standing in the water, turns as she kicks then lowers her head to sniff egg at this point he leaps into action and attempts to run right into her shoulder where he will hopefully bruise the wing joint and unbalance her/move her away from the egg.

Image by Dima Viunnyk @ flickr
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Messages In This Thread
Lover Not a Fighter - by Artorius - 02-07-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Shadow - 02-09-2015, 05:45 AM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Artorius - 02-09-2015, 11:25 PM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Shadow - 02-10-2015, 03:46 AM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Artorius - 02-17-2015, 06:18 PM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Shadow - 02-24-2015, 08:55 AM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Artorius - 03-09-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Shadow - 03-29-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Artorius - 04-01-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: Lover Not a Fighter - by Official - 04-07-2015, 03:30 PM