the Rift

heart don't fail me now

Elowyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The world is a grand place. It's vast, expansive, and breathtaking. Around every corner a new adventure springing up from the ground. Here's a bird, there's a fawn! It's all so beautiful. Even as the sun beats down upon Elowyn, a smile seems to be permanently etched into her dark face. She doesn't remember a time she's ever been more happy, or less happy at that. Everything was so bright and full. Mother was right, there is nothing bad about this land. The only thing you must do is look for the good within it all. Even in the shadows lurks beautiful creatures aching to be free from their binds.

Winnie's history is a short one. Filled with nothing but soft and caring touches. She was blind to all of the worlds horrors, if those even existed. As she entered upon the Helovian world, she was greeted with nothing but smiles. A stray bird would flutter across her vision, and she would follow its path with her eyes. Chunks of dark ringlets fell across her eyes, obscuring her vision for a moment. Blinking abruptly, she shook her head back and forth. This was a process repeated numerous times as she danced with the creatures in the heat of the day. Eventually the work began to show its fruition. Her locks began to stick to her neck, the heat had broiled her hide and it was now sweating. Even her tail stuck to the backs of her legs. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful exploration. Tomorrow would be full of the future. Maybe she could find others! She hadn't met anyone since she had been born besides her mother. The stories she was told gave her only the bare bones of what existed. Some looked like her, others with wings. Some, some didn't have either! She wonders what it must feel like to be them. Do those without horns feel lighter and brighter? Do those with wings embrace the freedom of the sky like the birds in this forest? So many unanswered questions. One day, she would know. These secrets that plague her daily will be revealed. In that moment, she could learn to be more like them.

Speaking of others, this forest smells like a lot of things. She was used to the scents of squirrels, bunnies and other forest-dwelling creatures. Yet, this place smelled different. It smelled distinctly like other horses. It was like her mother, but not her mother. Maybe she could find someone! Her head immediately shot up, and all her hair shifted back into its usual heavy swing. Oh how innocent she was. Was everyone like her? Would they all be so chipper and cheery.

talk talk talk
[I am leaning on having her go to the Basin, but she could be swayed so others may join! ^^]

Elowyn
far away, long ago, glowing dim as an ember
image credits

Messages In This Thread
heart don't fail me now - by Elowyn - 02-07-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: heart don't fail me now - by Arah - 02-07-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: heart don't fail me now - by Arah - 02-09-2015, 08:08 PM
RE: heart don't fail me now - by Arah - 02-15-2015, 04:53 PM
RE: heart don't fail me now - by Elowyn - 02-08-2015, 07:29 PM
RE: heart don't fail me now - by Elowyn - 02-10-2015, 01:50 PM
RE: heart don't fail me now - by Elowyn - 03-06-2015, 02:46 PM