the Rift

[PRIVATE] My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!]

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
Bucephalus & Azeeza

I keep it safe within the pouch over my heart as I flee the caves, constantly dropping my muzzle to gently touch the egg-shaped leather, reassuring myself that it was fine and well. I kept my stride as smooth as possible as I head towards the oasis, but before long I seek shelter under a tree's shade, fearful not of overheating, but rather that the egg might broil at the heat.

Speaking of heat...

I look up at the sky, peering through leaves before I quickly count the days since the Festival, on the start of summer. The dates match.

It was my birthday. Four years since Telesaan's death. Three years since my beloved Aramere was slain by my own hooves, and upon that same year I reaped the lives of those that gave me life. One year since my exile from the land I would never forget.

A lump rises within my throat, and I lean heavily against the tree, head low and eyes shut. What would they think of me? My mother... she would scold me for having so many children at my age and not settling down with one. Most likely promptly throw me at some mare of her choosing. My father... I don't know. He was a stranger, he never tried to speak to me after my brother's death. Leyanna... probably would call me an old fart.

Pain.

I miss them.

I press my muzzle to the egg, throat working as I fight the stinging in my eyes. I had no right, no right to mourn them. To miss them so. Yet...I still did. My actions had changed Sehrau for the better, yes, but in doing so I lost everything and left my home torn by war. But it would rebuild, learn from our lesson that there may be peace, but always should they be ready for threats.

"Please tell me I did something right, zaklad." I breathed, my voice barely above a murmur. I did not expect the egg to answer me, merely used it for reassurance, for comfort. It gave me something to do.

Something to keep my mind off of what should be a happy occasion.

"talk talk talk"

Hey hey hey!!
Time to put your mettle to the test now!
Hey hey hey!!
Don’t you know you’re messing with the best now!
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Tribs

Pixel by Aud

Messages In This Thread
My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Bucephalus - 02-07-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 02-08-2015, 01:54 AM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 02-09-2015, 01:11 AM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 02-15-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 02-25-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 03-28-2015, 10:55 PM