the Rift

[PRIVATE] My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!]

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
Bucephalus & Azeeza

The storm broke.

Her words lashed out like whips, mocking and scolding, filled with a..contempt I never wanted to hear from her. I could not understand her anger. Yes, I took the egg from the cave, but no bird ever laid beneath the ground! "You of all should know that no creature of flight should EVER be trapped under the earth!" My own lips peel back, and I can feel Him stirring within my breast, his growing ire at the blatant, irrational anger she is hurling at us.

Yet, thankfully, before she could draw his fury up higher, her voice calms. I watch her, wary and confused, and as she speaks I look down to the egg places gently between my hooves. At some point during her rant I had set it down in case we came to blows, and now it's opal shell gleamed against orange-gold sand.

Leave it to fate.

It should be so simple, to abandon the egg and return home as if it never occurred. Yet something rebelled against that, and I nearly start in surprise when it is Him, him who destroys any thoughts of abandoning the egg. I cannot fathom why, but before I could Ampere brought up an alternative.

Once more I eye her, unsure now. Had she merely talked like this in the beginning I would merrily go, but now.... I look back down at the egg, before slowly moving away. It is like moving through thick mud, and I stop a few feet away, gaze still locked on the shell. Through sheer will I move further away, but cannot go as far as Ampere had wanted.

"I can't..." It confuses me, this hesitation, this reluctance, this near impossibility, the strange feeling of needing. I needed, wanted, to feel the egg back against my breast, over my heart where it would know it was not alone.

Nothing was worse than watching your death come to you when you are alone.

CRACK

The sound jerks me forward a stumbling step, as if I am a puppet on a string, my gaze locked upon the shell, Ampere all but forgotten in my mind. I watch, mystified, as the crack widens, grows longer until a portion of it erupts, a slimy beak jutting out from the hole. Yet... something is wrong. Instead of continuing to break the egg, the chick is still, beak open and rapid breaths drawing through the tiny mouth.

It is trapped, stuck. She is stuck. I don't know how I know, but horror roots me in place as I stare at the egg, at the chick without the strength to break free, to feel the wind on her body and see the sky above.

She was going to die, die because I was not standing by her to help her. A cry, one of fear, deep and primal escapes me as I leap forward, half-running and half-gliding to stop beside the egg. The chick is hardly moving, the faint scratches of infant talons far in between. So I gently, gingerly raise my hoof, tapping the shell. The sound seems to encourage her, and she begins scratching in earnest at the spot I had weakened.

And then, just like that, she was free. Golden eyes looked up at me, pure as liquid gold, and I can feel her... feel her in my mind. Twining through my thoughts, rooting herself deep within my heart. This presence... this presence is soothing, pure, and I welcome her with joy and relief. "Azeeza...." The name is a breath falling from trembling lips, giving title to the spirit before me.

Hey hey hey!!
Time to put your mettle to the test now!
Hey hey hey!!
Don’t you know you’re messing with the best now!
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Tribs

Messages In This Thread
My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Bucephalus - 02-07-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 02-08-2015, 01:54 AM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 02-09-2015, 01:11 AM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Bucephalus - 02-09-2015, 01:56 AM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 02-15-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 02-25-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 03-28-2015, 10:55 PM