the Rift

[PRIVATE] My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Why am I so emotional?
No it's not a good look gain some self control

"Common sense most everyone lacks," Ampere muttered, unmoved by the firmness Bucephalus seemed to maintain that he would raise this chick well. She had heard it all before, but she knew the truth of the end result. This chick would probably fight for Bucephalus, carry his scars, his hurt, his everything. She would be forever weighted down by the horse she had chosen, her wings and flight a false sense of reach in a vastly shrunken world. It was a cruel thing in the most basic of forms, utterly limiting, confining, and self-serving. "There are many companions who suffer unhappiness, if not even abuse. Fighting with her is out of the question. She'd be easily hurt, sent to fight your battles which would never normally happen. Yet bonds are forged just for that purpose, to use companions as an advantage in any way possible. They're tools for most horses, if not slaves."

His naivety continued to wound her, though it was certainly refreshing compared to the assumptions so many 'learned' Helovians had when interacting with their bond. Still, her heart tore as she watched the chick and the stallion play in their own small ways, bound up in each other, as would be the case for the rest of their lives. It was hard to deny such closeness was desirable, if not fulfilling, when so many of them led tough and often lonely lives. Still, Ampere felt it was wrong merely on principle, unable to understand why the soul bond had to take place, or why it couldn't be reversed given all the power in this world she had seen.

In a cruel moment of selfishness Ampere wondered if she ought to reach her magic out and snuff out the connection between their bond. Maybe if she did it early enough it wouldn't solidify as well.. Thankfully Bucephalus' words distracted her. Besides, she didn't think her magic was strong enough to combat this.

"You'll see," was all Ampere could offer, having also been told more than one time before that the companions were still individuals. She understood that of course, we were all born with certain traits that shaped us, but how we are shaped also plays a great deal into our being. "What you say as a parent changes your foals a bit. This is even more involved. Everything you do, everything, you feel, everything you think, she will know, and it will affect her, intentional or not."

Ampere couldn't continue to just stand here and watch this. Sighing heavily she lifted her wings, ready to take her leave. "Just be careful, this is a serious connection you've accidentally forged." Turning away Ampere made to leave, needing to untangle her thoughts and her feelings.

Deep down I know this never works
A M P E R E
But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt

Blusl.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Bucephalus - 02-07-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 02-08-2015, 01:54 AM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 02-09-2015, 01:11 AM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 02-15-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 02-25-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: My...Preshiouuusss[Egg Hatching!] - by Ampere - 03-28-2015, 10:55 PM