the Rift

Snowfall [God of the Earth]

Birch Posts: 37
Windtossed Foothills Warrior
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 84 Months
Adoptable
A god appeared before him, and the arborun found himself greeted by a completely unfamiliar sight. He wondered if the gods here claimed to have control over everything- if they were in fact lords of life and death in this ailing world. Birch had watched it decline for years, seen war take lives and life cause war, but never had he thought of it in terms like these. Three simple gods that could toy with fate-alter one's destiny, grant them what they were never given at birth, what they possibly did not deserve. If he was thankful for anything it would be this. Logically it would make sense to find comfort in such a deity. But instead he thought of this as nothing more than another moment before he faced death.

With apathy, he listened to the booming voice of a god and only barely tilted his head to face one. He was asked a question, and answered not out of respect but a selfish necessity. "I long for the numbing cold of snowfall, god," Birch replied slowly, standing firm and rooted in place. "What must I do gain the ability to summon such a storm?" He concluded with a brief flash of red-flecked eyes and a look of finality. There was an end to all things, and perhaps he would succeed in hastening it, but he certainly did not seek to prolong it. This was no more than a detour- a single desire on the side of the road to the end.

[My apologies for the wait.]

img © Odalaigh

Messages In This Thread
Snowfall [God of the Earth] - by Birch - 09-13-2012, 11:34 PM
RE: Snowfall [God of the Earth] - by Random Event - 09-13-2012, 11:39 PM
RE: Snowfall [God of the Earth] - by Birch - 09-20-2012, 03:30 PM
RE: Snowfall [God of the Earth] - by Birch - 10-04-2012, 02:08 PM
RE: Snowfall [God of the Earth] - by Birch - 10-28-2012, 12:55 PM