the Rift

[OPEN] I live here?

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

(Sorry table change. That one is too hard x.x)

The girl listened with the rapt attention of a mind that had been starved for this sort of conversation. He hadn't bothered with hello's, hadn't asked her if she had decided on a name yet, hadn't displayed the odd look some had when they found out whose daughter she was.

The girl's eyes narrowed in thought as Quilyan's question danced in her mind. In a way it really was that simple. If it was true that the Gods had placed their lives on an unchangeable track then .. surely it was just vacuous to say that they were god-touched. Everyone was.

"Maybe it is." She began, voicing the argument that slowly consolidated in her mind. "If the Gods give our lives meaning then necessarily we are all god-touched. So that moniker isn't even ... special the way they want it to be. "

The girl fell silent as he continued. She chewed his words over and over again, unsure of whether or not the flavour agreed with her. So much of life seemed ... decided. That was not the same as being ordained of course. Her raven tail flicked behind her, breaking off chunks of rock that had begun to creep up her hair. Maybe life just felt like a series of choices, although it wasn't really. Or to put it another way, maybe you think you're choosing, but really there's only one option. The girl found it hard to put into towards, and her golden gaze showed her confusion and intrigue.

"Maybe..." She murmured, unwilling to commit herself to any metaphysical views about the nature of reality until she had really thought it over.

A shadow of wonder darkened her features for a moment as her quad-horned skull titled inquisitively. She regarded Quilyan with a new interest, noting his regal stance and royal-palette. He seemed so different from those she had met around the Edge. "You aren't like the rest of those who live in this place." She noted, her voice almost sterile and distant. "Why is that? How did you come to be here?"

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
I live here? - by Isopia - 02-08-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: I live here? - by Quilyan - 03-05-2015, 12:32 PM
RE: I live here? - by Isopia - 03-05-2015, 04:20 PM
RE: I live here? - by Quilyan - 03-05-2015, 04:53 PM
RE: I live here? - by Isopia - 03-05-2015, 05:22 PM
RE: I live here? - by Quilyan - 03-05-2015, 05:56 PM
RE: I live here? - by Isopia - 03-07-2015, 11:36 AM
RE: I live here? - by Quilyan - 04-07-2015, 07:41 PM