the Rift

[OPEN] carry on my wayward son

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali
leliel.

It did not take you long to figure out that Muriel was with child. Since finding her you stayed close to her, but you noticed that her sides were protruding more and more. At first you thought it was mostly you because you were eating and gaining back the weight that you had lost. But Muriel continued to grow and you found that you were standing farther from her because of it. You noticed the change in the way she walked and you had to ask her if she was expecting a child. Her answer made your heart sink to the bottom of your hooves but you did not turn your back on her. You wouldn't do it again. You would be there for her even if she was having a foal that wasn't yours.

You gave her her distance when she needed it, but you were always nearby if she needed you for anything. You were there when labor struck and you whispered quiet words of encouragement to try and calm her because she seemed panicked. Neither of you knew what you were doing. She was a new mother and you were blind as a bat trying to tell her everything would be okay when you didn't know if it would. But all things pass and Muriel's labor did. Your ears tilt forward and you listen to her as she speaks to her son. Her son, not yours. You have no part in this, but you could have. He could be your son.

"Congratulations." You murmur, though you cannot help but feel like there is a crack running through your heart. You could have had a family and you ruined it just like you ruined everything else. "What will you call him?"

"."
image credits!

Messages In This Thread
carry on my wayward son - by Muriel - 02-09-2015, 01:34 AM
RE: carry on my wayward son - by Brigand - 02-10-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: carry on my wayward son - by Leliel - 02-11-2015, 12:36 AM
RE: carry on my wayward son - by Muriel - 02-16-2015, 06:04 PM
RE: carry on my wayward son - by Brigand - 02-16-2015, 09:23 PM