the Rift

[OPEN] carry on my wayward son

Muriel Posts: 54
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 6 Years 4 Months
Brit

All she could do for a long time was cry, cry for her love, for her mistakes, for the pain. And beyond it all, in her loneliest hour, Leliel returned to her. He whispered and crooned to her, two hapless souls lost on a tide of an experience neither of them had even witnessed or heard of. It chased away the loneliness, gave her peace, gave her strength even as she was waning beneath the onslaught of pain. Hours slipped by, Leliel's voice her only guiding light as she foamed and flecked and sweated through the ordeal. And somewhere in those hours, at her weakest, some new chord was plucked and resounded within her. She grit her teeth and flared her wings and she told herself in that moment that her son was going to the enter the world, and she was going to be there to greet him. She would do it a thousand times if it meant she got to see his beautiful face, place her kisses upon him and shelter him beneath the canopy of her wings.

Was that what they called a mother's love? The instinct that had driven her to protect herself and her child when the wolves had come for her vulnerable form?

And in an anticlimactic end, it was all over.

Moving was the hardest thing she'd ever done, in that moment, but nothing would stop her. And her baby curled up beneath her wing, beautiful, the most beautiful thing she'd seen in her entire life. And she cried ever harder, even as Leliel spoke his soft congratulations. Her wing tightened around her son, daring the world to take him away from her, and all at once a name came to her. It choked off her tongue instantly, naming the child free from the restraints of Janat's influence. Her son was a Helovian, she would not curse him with those foul angelic names, regardless of the fact that he had been blessed with her wings.

"Brigand," she hiccuped, face matted with tears but smiling like the sun was beaming from her very pores. "His name will be Brigand." Turning towards Leliel, she swung heavily to her knees. "Leliel," she called weakly, feeling as if she'd topple any moment. "Please, help me stand? He must take his first steps, be fed..." the exhaustion in her voice was disgustingly obvious, and she hoped he would lend his shoulder to her for even a moment.

Muriel
And I will love you, forever and always
Image Credit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
carry on my wayward son - by Muriel - 02-09-2015, 01:34 AM
RE: carry on my wayward son - by Brigand - 02-10-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: carry on my wayward son - by Leliel - 02-11-2015, 12:36 AM
RE: carry on my wayward son - by Muriel - 02-16-2015, 06:04 PM
RE: carry on my wayward son - by Brigand - 02-16-2015, 09:23 PM