the Rift

[OPEN] carry on my wayward son

Brigand Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
In this moment, I don't know what to think. What to agree with, or do. I just know my mum. My mother. My life-giver. I couldn't just ignore her, and I had a strong feeling I would end up loving her as much as I love the smell and taste of the air right now.

I could hear the quick bass of her heart, I already knew how tired she was, but I was silent. I don't like too many words, because it might wear her down, and I couldn't afford that. When the midnight man arrived, I wanted to cringe away, but first impressions are everything, right? I stood tall, strong. Though not literally because I was cupped protectively under my mother's wing...

I knew I was safe.

I guess, for now, that is all the matters for me.

But, perhaps, maybe I am wrong. She speaks, utters, a name. Something of a B-and a rreeeigg and an AND. I smile when she speaks more. I like her voice, so soothing and comforting. I try to look up at her, though I already have learned my lesson. If I do that, I will get a mouth-full of feathers. I want to see her face. All I can see is her wings, and her legs. Bright, beautiful. I already know that she is such a thing. I just do.
She turns to the midnight man, ebony, black. She speaks a name. And with all this talk of names I don't even know hers. But before I could ask, she'd pushed herself up, well, halfway up. I want to reach out, but I am scared that if she puts even a little weight on me, I will shatter, bones and all into a pile of dust.

Brigand dust.

Goodness, what is my mind doing? And then she was talking again and I could see the side of her face. Beautiful, as I suspected. Beautiful. Not that I was hitting on my mom, no. Weird. Ugh. Eww...
She spoke of me. She said how I should be fed, how I should have my first steps.

Believe me, all I want to do right now is run around, but I hold that urge back. For her. She is tired. Very tired. I can see it in her gaze, -the side of it- and I just know. I think. I want to stand, and stumble, and fall. I want to push myself back up again, because right now, I only feel what I think is victory. But when it actually happens...that is (and should not be) in any competition with what I imagine to be victory.

"Briggy Speech"
@[Muriel], @[Leliel]
Brigand
Wishes are all we are
credits :: table

Messages In This Thread
carry on my wayward son - by Muriel - 02-09-2015, 01:34 AM
RE: carry on my wayward son - by Brigand - 02-10-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: carry on my wayward son - by Leliel - 02-11-2015, 12:36 AM
RE: carry on my wayward son - by Muriel - 02-16-2015, 06:04 PM
RE: carry on my wayward son - by Brigand - 02-16-2015, 09:23 PM