the Rift

[OPEN] Competition is Fierce

Dovahkiin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

We went north. Based solely on our starting point, we knew we needed to branch out further. So many would head home first, I knew of loyalty like that and others would start about five feet in front of their noses. So when Elsa suggested something further north, I wholeheartedly agreed. As we traveled, in essence side by side (this is a partnership, after all), I quickly discovered a secondary and quite unintended benefit. The air was growing cooler - not cold, because clearly the heat of summer wouldn't allow that. I wasn't designed for excessive heat. My coat is dark - intended for shadow - and absorbs heat like a sponge absorbs water. So the cooler temperatures of the Frozen Arch are not only welcomed but embraced.

There didn't seem to be many up this far north, but to be fair - I wasn't too concerned with saving everyone. Life isn't that precious to me but the potential for a prize at the end of this silly task does seem worth some effort. If that big guy actually was a god of some kind, I sure as hell wanted a spot on his boat. I've only just found this place, I'm not willing to throw my life away just yet. I easily kept up with the mare, my hardy Mustang body is use to large amounts of walking and traveling. Soon the grass turns to snow and the pale winged girl slows and turns towards me. Her question doesn't surprise me a bit. Considering we were going to have to spend time together on that boat, it seemed only logical to find out more about each other. For all she knew, I was some crazy killer and vice versa. Well, I have killed but she wasn't in any danger. "I'm new." I begin, yellow-green eyes meeting her gaze. "I did meet a Basin recruiter, actually. A big guy with a lot of hair and braids. But I also met someone named Ghost... from the Falls, I think." I shrug, pausing for a moment.

Before I can speak again and ask her questions, a buckskin filly loudly crashes our little party - both literally and figuratively crashing, that is. The filly, clearly Elsa's daughter, is followed by a black dog of some sort and a rather large bay stallion with horns. It doesn't take long for me to realize that these three are a family and so I keep quiet - simply glancing from one to the other and back to Elsa.

[Dovahkiin and Elsa]
image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole (Niki)

Messages In This Thread
Competition is Fierce - by Elsa - 02-09-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Competition is Fierce - by Shida - 02-09-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Competition is Fierce - by Oxy - 02-09-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: Competition is Fierce - by Dovahkiin - 02-09-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: Competition is Fierce - by Kvothe - 02-09-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Competition is Fierce - by Thranduil - 02-09-2015, 11:31 PM
RE: Competition is Fierce - by Cheska - 02-10-2015, 12:50 AM
RE: Competition is Fierce - by Auriel - 02-10-2015, 02:37 PM