the Rift

[OPEN] The rains are coming...
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I'm worried the heat was wearing on Africa. Physically. She worked valiantly, yar, no denying that...but something wasn't settling right. Perhaps it was the slowing, almost strained gait when left for the meadow -- or mayhaps her thickening girth. Though, at first credit is given to the flourishing environment, aye, tis easier to obtain basic needs from a overstocked climate.

Had we not been momentarily pressed with the knowledge of a flood and 'ship' (as they called it) I'd have voiced the topic...gently. As it stood, we were dealing with far more urgent matters. The issue with fatigue and bodily adaptions could wait.

Crossing into the Falls. Fina and Neve are watching from a sentry point, having arrived a few minutes ahead. I glance their way and smile when Neve snaps at a collection of puffy moths. Fina huffs and stretchs her tired wings. Onward to the center field. Africa remains in her avian form. Gilden gems shift to earth when gilden daggers collide roughly, tearing into the soggy turf without apology. Yar. Heavy hollows seal themselves wearily, my breath is a short rasp and every muscle is feeling the full weight of this heavy climate. There is hardly time to catch my breath before others begin to pool in from the surrounding territory. I turn to them, straightening...forcing weariness aside for a time when I'd be alone.

They speak, a frantic ramble. I listen for a moment -- gaze shifting to the Sleuth when she mentions Ghost and the vessel of our discussion. "Peace," despite previous breathless travel worn appearance, my tone is steady and smooth, "The rumors stand true." I glance to yon timber thinking gossip had a habit of catching fire. "Earth has promised to bring a flood...and will grant the whole of Helovia safe passage on a ship. " Yar. The word was foreign, yet hopefully some would understand my meaning...

Turning to the tiro ranks and higher, I add, "See the young and old out of this valley and to Thistle Meadow -- the rest of ye," gems do a massive sweep, "Spread the word. I will lead groups to the ship." To the bay spy my tone lowers, "Check the Northern perimeter. I would have none left behind."

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
The rains are coming... - by Africa - 02-09-2015, 07:11 PM
RE: The rains are coming... - by Rasta - 02-09-2015, 09:04 PM
RE: The rains are coming... - by Essetia - 02-09-2015, 09:28 PM
RE: The rains are coming... - by Midas - 02-10-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: The rains are coming... - by Alleo - 02-10-2015, 01:38 AM
RE: The rains are coming... - by Africa - 02-10-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: The rains are coming... - by Rasta - 02-10-2015, 04:01 PM