A
L
Y
S
A
N
N
E
Alysanne had stuck around in the Edge because she wanted this foal born safely and with the support of her friends, only to change her mind at the last minute. Giving Miykael the excuse that she was going to go for a walk to calm her nerves before taking a nap (though whether he fell for that rather weak excuse was another matter) when she first noticed the signs that it was time. There was a rising fear in her that this foal would not survive, that because she was using it as a bargaining chip to keep her friend happy that it would have died in her toxic womb and she’d be left with nothing.

The hormones from the pregnancy, paired with a lack of sleep, heightened her worry until she could no longer bear it. A mare whose instinct was to never be alone suddenly felt the need to get out and away from everyone - to have this foal and bury it where no one would know.

But the foal had other plans. She had not made it very far out of the Edge, just metres past the ruins of the glass wall, when she could not go any further. This was hardly ideal, she was so exposed here. Anyone, anything, would find easy prey if it was hunting nearby. Her instincts screamed at her to find shelter, to go back in the Edge and find somewhere safe, but her body refused to move.

Luckily, Hemlock was not as immobile as she. He ceased his circling and left to go find them, her friends and her family. The annoying one with the angel bird, the weird son, the friendly mares.

It had only been yesterday when she had laughed and welcomed Kahlua’s new baby girl but the laughter felt so far away right now. Her mind was incapable of focusing on anything else except what was happening right now. She couldn’t recall just how painful Arty’s birth had been but… but this seemed worse. Every part of her was screaming as though this was karma catching up with her for being a liar. You wanted a foal, Alysanne. She scolded herself as tried to fight back the tears, pushing her face into the earth as though it could swallow her up and take away the pain. So have a foal.

The uncomfortable feeling she had experienced recently during the pregnancy was nothing compared to what was happening now and it seemed to stretch on forever until finally, finally the foal was ready.

Alysanne’s momentary relief at the completion of the birth was short lived - her excitement at being a mother again giving her enough strength to raise her head and look back. There was a messy lump of legs and wings that was her new child but… but she couldn’t see any signs that the girl was breathing.

A girl. A dead baby girl.

A half-hearted wish came for the strength to stand up and leave but no, she would not abandon this girl. She could not abandon another foal, dead or alive, and she could string this heartbreak along with the others. How much of her, of sweet and happy Alysanne was going to be left now? It did not feel like very much to her. Alysanne just needed a moment, emerald eyes closing as the tears began to fall, seeping into the ground where she rested her head again.

Oh Miykael, what have I done.

So consuming was her grief that she did not notice that the painted pegasus filly struggled with her first few breaths but took them, and then began to stir - instincts telling her that a mother should be cleaning her by now. Alysanne ignored the pestering of Hemlock in her mind as he tried to get her attention and instead focused on the lost dream of a family.

table by sevin | image by abba | Image Credit

[feel free to PP Hemlock getting your attention! I know Arty, Mikey and I think Parelia want to join but any others are welcome! Feel free to show up at any point in the process, tried to leave it vague for that purpose <3 Sad Aly is sad

removed tags because I forgot to mention that this takes place before the new SWP!]
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Alysanne - 02-09-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Brisa - 02-09-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Miykael - 02-10-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Artorius - 02-18-2015, 09:06 PM
RE: I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Alysanne - 02-23-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: I Wasn't Prepared [birthing] - by Brisa - 02-28-2015, 09:54 PM