[OPEN] Should I tumble and fall
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
the sound of forgetting

Ophelia, for as flawed as she was, had never contemplated death by her own choosing. She knew that she had made enough enemies in this world and fought enough battles to need to keep the reaper happy. When her time came, she would pass into the afterlife with pleasure and a lightened heart, and she did not fear death. There was peace in the end, not tragedy or heartbreak, and she would welcome the moment when all of life’s questions were answered and trivial things turned to folly. She watched as the stallion approached, and she gave him the best advice she could. His questions were not easily answered – relying more on emotions of the heart than logic. Ophelia had struggled quite a bit with reconciling the two, but in the Sun God, she had found the bridge between faith and fact. The connection she felt kept her tethered to present instead of slipping into the abyss of her own memories.

Without judgment, she listened, understanding his emotion for she had felt it too. A sift, gentle nod accepted his words, showing she was listening with not only her eyes but her heart, and she frown, thinking on his last statement. How did one begin to have faith in yourself? How did she? Ophelia opened her mouth slowly, words jumbled and hoping that they came out coherently and all in one piece. “You have to first accept who you are,” she said slowly, thinking about how she reconciled the violence with the kindness in her soul, recognizing that she could use bloodshed to help others. Perhaps this was not the kindest of understandings, but for her, everything fit. “Not just the good in you, but the bad as well. No one is pure. No one is always honest. And even when you try to do good, there will be some sin that can shatter it all. You have to accept that you will make both wrong and right choices and that they are yours. Own them.”

“Once you stop trying to change who you are, you develop rather predictable patterns that are easy to rely on. When you are reliable, it’s easier to have faith. Then, you don’t surprise yourself so often,” she replied, chuckling darkly. The glint in her eyes was not pure but messy, a disaster of feelings. “That is a starting point, but there is nothing exactly wrong with being wrong. Everyone is wrong, so do not be too hard on yourself.”

Ophelia waited patiently, listening to how he knew her, and she furrowed her brows. Ah, Ktulu and perhaps Archibald. The pale princess smiled, the expression gentle and honest for she loved her sister very much. “I see,” she replied. He said his name, and she nodded. Phi was not as concerned with the Edge at the moment. She knew Kahlua, but she had not known Kaj. Ophelia’s two, strange colored eyes had been blind to the World’s Edge, trusting her sister implicitly and deciding that visiting was not a requirement for the time being. Regardless, she smiled respectfully. “A pleasure to meet you then, Kaj,” she said quietly, bowing her head. “I find it refreshing to see a lead so honest about his own struggles as well,” she said. “I have felt much of what you feel, and I am glad that you are watching over my sister and Archibald.”

@[Kaj]

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Should I tumble and fall - by Ophelia - 02-10-2015, 12:38 AM
RE: Should I tumble and fall - by Bucephalus - 02-10-2015, 01:13 AM
RE: Should I tumble and fall - by Kaj - 02-16-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: Should I tumble and fall - by Ophelia - 02-19-2015, 12:24 AM
RE: Should I tumble and fall - by Kaj - 02-26-2015, 01:30 AM
RE: Should I tumble and fall - by Ophelia - 02-28-2015, 06:47 PM
RE: Should I tumble and fall - by Kaj - 03-16-2015, 12:57 AM