the Rift

[OPEN] If I put on googley eyes, will you be Pet Rock? [hatching]

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

Tiptoeing through the pine needles that litter the floor of the forest, I've snuck away from all the eyes that watch me, that try to keep track of me. Breccan, Papa, and Mum. I know I'm still little, but I can take care of myself a LITTLE bit, right? I'm sure I'll never wander too far from them, but every now and then it's good to get out by myself. Dark hooves are silent on the ground, my iridescent wings glitter in the shallow sunlight that shines down from above. My ears twitch around, as if there's little bugs flitting around the tips, though of course there aren't. They don't bother me so much. This sweet meat is off limits!

Something catches my eye in the same rays that light up my wings, and I look down in the crook of a tree. I move forward, one trembling leg at a time, my whole body shivering with curiosity, excitement, anticipation. What is it that I've found? It's round, and big, like the size of an ostrich egg. I look around, trying to figure out who the egg belongs to. There's no one, nothing. This egg is ABANDONED! Quickly I close the distance between myself and the pale, smooth shape. I lie down next to it, curling it up between my forelegs and covering it gently with an extended wing. "It's okay, little guy. I can take care of you!" My voice is eager and genuine, but I don't know the first thing about taking care of eggs. Or babies. Of any species. I'm a baby. I'm three months old. I don't know what to do with this except to love it. I could panic, run for help... but... I want to be able to say this is mine, and that I can perhaps be a big girl and help another creature. Even if it's a rocky road.

It starts to wiggle. And crack. Oh-em-gee, I broke it. I broke the egg - what will Breccan think? And mum, and papa? They will think me a horrible child, maybe even disown me! I can't stand the thought. I try to push the shell pieces back into place, but they keep cracking, pushing outward despite my attempts. Finally I give up, and tears start to form in the corners of my brilliant golden eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to break you!" I sniffle and the tears stream down my face. But then... I see something inside the egg. Wiggling! It's alive.. something.... a little nose pokes through, and one of my tears drops on it. It yips at me. IT'S ALIVE! I try to peel away the shell delicately, and what I see is amazing. A little fox-like thing, a grayish blue, with golden eyes LIKE ME and a blue and white tipped tail.. little blue markings on his hindquarters. Its eyes are just barely peeked open. I stick my nose up to it and whisper as if it is so fragile my voice might overpower it: "I'm gonna call you.. Haruki!"

""

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
If I put on googley eyes, will you be Pet Rock? [hatching] - by Tempe - 02-14-2015, 12:42 AM