the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fires at Midnight

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Bucephalus the Morningstar

'Razkrije.'

Weight hit me as steel slid over my form, my armor settling upon me, heavy and cumbersome. I move, feeling the metal restrict my movement, drag down my body, but I can also feel the security of it, the protection it would provide against blows to my body.

'Izginili'

The weight is gone, and if anything I feel even lighter now, the armor having shrunken up into the amulet around my neck, it's metal squares cool against my skin, the crystal shard resting in the middle of my chest. It is heavier than it should be, but the weight was...comforting. Especially in the loss of my bag set. It felt...odd, to not have the array of leather across my body anymore, and whilst my satchel was useful, and carried enough for my needs(since becoming Chancellor, my hoarding was put on the back burner), it couldn't replace the feel of my old bags.

Or their glow.

The night feels like it is closing around me, and my ears flick back slightly as I head over towards Azeeza, who is playing with my sheathed dagger. She takes the strap in her beak and tosses it around, then, as I approach, she takes off, hopping away from me chirping, my dagger dragging behind her.

"Why you little minx! Azeeza!" I laugh, walking after the hopping chick, letting her lead me around in a game of keep-away before she drops the strap and goes after a cricket. I smile wryly after her, then look down at the black hilt, a faint frown across my face. I was no warrior...what was I doing with a blade and armor?

Maybe I was sick of being knocked around. Sick of feeling defenseless, since almost everyone I fought against held magic. A faint breath escapes me, and I lower my head, picking up the sheath and slipping my leg through the loop, drawing it up and tightening it so it is comfortable around my upper leg before I look up.

Azeeza, bless her heart, brought over my satchel...well tried to. Have you ever seen a fuzzy chick try to drag a bag nearly triple her size across sand? It's pretty damn funny. I walk over, nudging her away from it before I pick it up and sling it across my back, loosening the straps so they don't tear as once more I bring out my armor.

I can practically feel myself sinking into the sand, but I needed to get used to the weight, so that meant...walking. And lots of it. Azee chooses to hop beside me as I begin walking, the weight of my armor making my steps rather clumsy, hooves slipping as I go up and over the sandy dunes, the moonlight bleaching my black armor a pale grey, the few golden studs decorating it now a pale silver.

Security had it's perks...and it's downsides.

@[Gaucho]
Can't Chain Me Down
I'm Comin' At You At The Speed Of Sound
Image :: Table

Messages In This Thread
Fires at Midnight - by Bucephalus - 02-10-2015, 05:01 PM
RE: Fires at Midnight - by Gaucho - 02-11-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: Fires at Midnight - by Bucephalus - 02-11-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: Fires at Midnight - by Gaucho - 02-11-2015, 02:17 PM
RE: Fires at Midnight - by Bucephalus - 02-11-2015, 03:26 PM
RE: Fires at Midnight - by Gaucho - 02-11-2015, 03:50 PM
RE: Fires at Midnight - by Bucephalus - 02-11-2015, 04:08 PM