the Rift

[OPEN] Ain't no rest for the wicked - Open!

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

The raven titled her head slightly. Kahlua had the power to give titles? If she had eyebrows in this form she would certainly have narrowed them in slightly surprise. She knew that it was typically the jurisdiction of parents to name their children, to forever brand them with a title, but the girl suspected that was only because of the blood relation between them. That Kahlua also had the power to name those in her herd, to dictate what their ranks would be called, was shocking.

She never knew the painted queen held such power. Had Kahlua given her a rank? Perhaps one that started with a K to somehow preserve the tradition that the girl had ruined?

I consider almost everyone a friend, it makes me happy to think that everyone you meet is a friend.

Saying nothing, the girl considered this. At first she was tempted to dismiss it as being nonsensical and obviously problematic. Surely it was absurd to just consider anyone a friend. But was it? As Aly mentioned that it made her feel happy to do so, the girl tried to find value in her practices. If for instance, Aly met a traitor - someone who meant her harm - but who presented themselves as a friend, was that a bad situation to be in? Say this traitor was never able to complete their nefarious plans, and during the course of their deceit was forced to be the best friend Aly ever had? From an outside perspective surely one would say that her friendship was non-veridical. That is, not caused in the right sort of way. But what did the right sort of way matter?

If all Aly sought was happiness rather than some sort of objective friendship, then it seemed viewing all as friends was the best way to that end.

"I see." The girl offered, having decided that perhaps Aly's statement wasn't as absurd as she had originally thought. As the mare asked if she had any friends, again the girl had reason to pause.

She certainly didn't think she did...But if Aly considered all those she met to be friends ... and she and Aly had met ... did that mean they were friends? Could someone consider you to be their friend, even if you didn't reciprocate those feelings? Puzzled, the raven's bright golden eyes focused on the healer below, intrigued.

"I don't know. I don't think so.." She began carefully. "If you think that we are friends does that make it so? Do I have a choice?"

Tilting her avian skull, she eyed Far. She hadn't seen him before, but that didn't mean much. He was a simple chestnut, tall and seemingly unremarkable. Her golden eyes blinked, although she offered no greeting.

Kahlua hadn't taught her that yet.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Ain't no rest for the wicked - Open! - by Isopia - 02-11-2015, 03:36 PM
RE: Ain't no rest for the wicked - Open! - by Far - 02-20-2015, 01:03 AM
RE: Ain't no rest for the wicked - Open! - by Isopia - 02-24-2015, 12:59 PM
RE: Ain't no rest for the wicked - Open! - by Far - 02-27-2015, 05:34 PM
RE: Ain't no rest for the wicked - Open! - by Far - 03-12-2015, 01:51 PM