the Rift

[OPEN] Wondering Wandering

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

"Bore me?" A sudden flash of mischief lights my eyes, "And if you do bore me Caleb, what adventure would you suggest?" He doesn't bore me. Not at all. Far from it. Caleb is different than any I have met yet. There is something honest about him; something about the way that he talks and the manner in which he carries himself draws me to him in a way that is impossible to ignore. If he were to study my features he would surely see the impossibility of him reducing me to boredom. Instead he lights my eyes with excitement. This one is different; this is someone I could find adventure with. Caleb seems to be the type to create adventure if he couldn't find any.

With no input from me my hooves carry me a step closer to him as he approaches. His voice. The way that he speaks. His draw on me has grown so that it has affected me physically. My eyes follow his brow as it arches, they trace the lines of his face; and while his brow rises my heart sinks. My heart sinks from my chest all of the way down to my stomach. With all of the snacking that I did earlier today the weight of my heart pressing against my stomach makes me feel sick.

I talked to much. How many have told me that I do? Yet I never listen. Eyes downward cast I chew on the tip of my tongue. Many in Helovia have magical gifts, maybe I was given one also. A tongue with a mind of its own.

Then he compliments me. My blush is spread further across my face by a massive grin. "Now it has been a while since I have been called miss! Those lower ranking than my mother's side of the family had once called me miss." It had been years since I had resided in a high status, and even then it had been a status upheld by lies. Paint smathered onto my body had allowed me to be accepted; and as all know, paint rubs off. I cock my head trying to figure out what had led Caleb to referring to me in such a manner. My ears splayed to the sides and I arched my neck trying to look myself over. I am not much older than he is. Do I look aged though?

Caleb is full of surprises. He finds me far from foolish. A little hiccup of a laugh tumbles from my lips. "Many would agree with you. Some consider my foolery to be at a level of nearly being a talent. Something beyond foolishness!" And perhaps I am. I am a grown mare who has spent multiple seasons in a land full of opportunity, without accomplishing much of anything. I have not found my place in this land, and I do not seem to be anywhere close to it. I want to find true happiness though and I refuse to be content with settling for anything less. "Perhaps we are both fools." I mention with mock seriousness. "But I have found, that sometimes a fool is the best thing to be." I toss my head in merriment and grin my biggest grin, "Caleb. Shall we be fools together?"

I listen to his claim that he is only genetically different with a laugh that I do my best to hold in. And I entirely fail at doing so. "If those of high status in Lytninia heard you speak in such a way they would probably begin to foam at the mouth due to taking such terrible offense" As I speak I roll my eyes in memory of pompous attitudes based on nothing more than their colors. "To us genetics are nothing. But in my homeland they were everything and if your genetics weren't as everyone thought they should be you were," I remember those who had lived terrible lives just because of their appearance, "You were nothing." I finish in a much quieter voice.

"I suppose that you don't have to fuss about with tangles! Whenever I was a foal I wormed my way into some brambles chasing after I skunk." A soft laugh flits from my mouth at the memory, "I got my tail so tangled that most of it had to be cut off. My mother was devastated! She had loved showing off her daughter's flowing locks. The only thing that upset her more was the smell of skunk that wafted from my body for the following week." I had wreaked of skunk spray, but as a oblivious foal I had pranced all around the place with no shame. My mother had chased behind me red faced apologizing to all that I touched.

I am broken from the memory by the sensation of Caleb's touch. I slow my steps hoping that he will not pull away. The feeling of his touch on my body is strange. It has been so long since I have felt the touch of another. "Don't stop." I whisper as he pulls away. I had only meant for it to be a thought. But I had thought of it so hard that the words had came into being all on their own. Ears perked towards him and eyes wide in mortification I wonder if he heard me.

I had not meant it in a sexual way. I just long for companionship. I have just met the stallion and although at a perfectly acceptable age I have never done anything with anyone. And I suppose part of my foolish charm is that I believe fairy-tales dance within our grasp, we just have to wait for them. I will wait until I find a love like my mother and father had shared. But for now I wait for whatever reaction may come from Caleb due to my slip of tongue.

@[Caleb]

Credits: Thank you Shady and Tamme!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
Wondering Wandering - by Rei - 02-16-2015, 11:35 AM
RE: Wondering Wandering - by Caleb - 02-19-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: Wondering Wandering - by Rei - 02-19-2015, 11:59 PM
RE: Wondering Wandering - by Caleb - 02-20-2015, 02:14 AM
RE: Wondering Wandering - by Rei - 02-26-2015, 09:07 PM
RE: Wondering Wandering - by Caleb - 03-29-2015, 11:26 PM