the Rift

[OPEN] greenfingers (task 3)

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Already I had collected a small pile of plants. With each tree that we passed I touched my nose to its bark wishing each the best of luck.

One of the trees that I came to was an apple tree. Taking to wing I flew to the top and knocked the plumpest apples from the tree's highest reaches. Kicking an apple toward my friend I chomped into my own. Nothing in this world could ever taste better than an apple.

"I am so happy," I spoke between bites of my apple, "that the God of the Earth, chew, chew, chew, swallow "has offered his kindness to the plants also!"

After having a short rest and snacktime I continued to bounce around gathering plants. "We cannot forget these."Carefully I stood over a cluster of dandelions. "These are wishes that haven't come true yet! With every seedling that makes its way to the ground and sprouts someone's wish will come true." Fondly I looked down on the little flowers before gently plucking them up using my hooves to scrape away the dirt's grip from around the roots. The plants had no healing properties and didn't taste all that great so there was no obvious need for them. But all too well I could remember the hope that came with finding dandelions as a filly on a terrible day.

I would huff and puff my way through a few of the flowers trying to blow all of the seeds off at once; and it always helped my mood. Sometimes as foals if we found a large cluster of them we would group together and try to blow them bare by flapping our newly feathered wings as quickly as we could. The memories with this plant were all too dear to allow them to be wiped away by a flood.

"Have you any wishes you are wanting to come true, Kvothe? Or maybe little Elodin does." A grin spread across my face. "Maybe one of these seedlings belongs to your wish!"

Off and on I had listened to the conversation of a nearby group. A black mare had caught my eye due to her poor condition and worry for her ate at me. The group's conversation had been normal enough, but then she mentioned a plague. I shivered as she told of it and my heart shattered as she spoke of her son. Although I had no foals myself it was unimaginable to think of the pain she must have faced during their seperation.

"Excuse me," I dipped my head to her and her friends, this was a touchy subject and if I was going to intrude I wanted to do so gently. "What is your son's name? How old would he be today? It sounds as if you have overcome a great deal. My father was seperated from my mother and I. I came here in search of him and although I have found a home and dear friends I have failed in my search." I gulped and blinked back threatening tears. "I know how your son must yearn for you. I would love to help you find him." Of course she could have already learned of his location, but judging from the tone in her voice I doubted that she had.

My voice danced once more. It skipped and leaped with excitement. "He will be somewhere on the Earth God's thing! We could scout for him while aboard. I am sure that Kvothe would also help." Sheepishly I looked back to him, hoping he didn't mind me volunteering his help.
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
greenfingers (task 3) - by Volterra - 02-11-2015, 06:21 PM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Ampere - 02-12-2015, 01:30 AM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Shadow - 02-12-2015, 04:59 AM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Mauja - 02-12-2015, 10:25 AM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Nymeria - 02-12-2015, 10:33 AM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Bolverik - 02-12-2015, 10:53 AM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Shadow - 02-12-2015, 11:46 AM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Rei - 02-12-2015, 01:12 PM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Kvothe - 02-12-2015, 01:37 PM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Roskuld - 02-12-2015, 02:16 PM