the Rift

[OPEN] greenfingers (task 3)

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

He looked at me and I totally looked away because I definitely wasn’t staring at him.

Or anything.

Like…I don’t even know man. There was this high I was feeling that was different from any high that I had ever experienced. I didn’t know that acting a fucking fool to loosen up your cramped heart-guts could feel any better than it already did—but it turns out it gets this other sort of newfound spark to it when someone’s there, doing it right beside you.

Just…shut up, okay? I’m trying to explain myself here.

As I followed behind Leos, I took the chance to stare at contemplate the back of his ass head without really seeing, chewing on some thoughts that had been gnawing in the back of my head. Remembering back when I had first kinda-sorta-maybe asked him to partner up with me—and he had said sure, but something had fallen in his face as he said it, some inner light that he had had on the walk to the meadow blinking out it seemed. And it had worried me, then, like there was something about the word sure that bummed him out—but I didn’t get the chance to pursue it because the Earth God was talking and telling us to do shit and I had been wildin’ out of control with fulfilling the tasks (and Leos had been wildin’ out right there with me) and my mind had been taken off the thought because I was comforted by the shouting and the whatever.

But things were settled now and Leos was walking ahead of me and the feeling trickled back, a subtle discontent that was all the more aggravating because of its subtlety, like sand in the crack of your ass. And then he had glanced at me, and I had looked away hurriedly. “S’coo’,” I said, accepting the sense in his owls’ aid (I really needed to learn their names, now). My hooves fidgeted and my eyes fidgeted and my mouth was twisting with words I wanted to say but couldn’t form, and my attention was drawn for a few moments to another group that was in the vicinity, one that was talking about shit I didn’t wanna think about and remember (a mare’s son, it was her son now), but somehow it inspired just enough of my tongue to get it moving.

“So, um…” my voice fidgeted, making myself turn back to him, to try and look up into his face, “Are you…is everything cool with you? My voice was small with "real-talk" tones slathered all over it, murmured just for him, another sort of phrase dancing just out of sight, underneath the words I spoke: You don’t have to run around ‘n shit with me if you don’t wanna.

@[Mauja]

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
greenfingers (task 3) - by Volterra - 02-11-2015, 06:21 PM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Ampere - 02-12-2015, 01:30 AM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Shadow - 02-12-2015, 04:59 AM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Mauja - 02-12-2015, 10:25 AM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Nymeria - 02-12-2015, 10:33 AM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Bolverik - 02-12-2015, 10:53 AM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Shadow - 02-12-2015, 11:46 AM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Rei - 02-12-2015, 01:12 PM
RE: greenfingers (task 3) - by Kvothe - 02-12-2015, 01:37 PM