the Rift

[OPEN] an idiot's guide to dendrology --

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

I watch as Phantom holds onto a branch, pulling it down and allowing me to take one of the precious pink fruits that hung from the branches. Setting it beside the clipping, I turn back to find Phantom taking a clipping from the tree as well, doing so with ease as her alabaster body rises and falls, the clipping wedged between her teeth. The question I ask answered with a sarcastic response, a smile of unease slipping over my features. It was true, had she been a murderer her chances to end my life would have been many, a short sigh of relief falling from my lips. Glad that's taken care of, I eye her as she begins to tell me of her story, of her home, Dorngarrow and the Crimson King. Ears flickering, I listen to the last of her short tale, letting them fall back as I realize her father turned her against the other side of me, my pegasus bloodlines that flowed so strongly through my veins. Her story hits me where I didn't expect to be hit, a frown flowering across my face as I realize everything I'd ever used as proof that my life was so terrible is irrelevant. She was used by her father, turned into a war machine, my stomach knotting at how small my problems seemed compared to hers. A small, insignificant "oh," left my lips, uttered under my breath as I look at her.

Clearing my throat to make something from the silence that had fallen I offer a stupid smile, glancing to my left, my pitiful life gurgling up from my throat. "Wow, my problems seem so small now, kind of just uh- not really significant." I had been depressed for seasons because of this and hearing now that my reasons for such despair and anguish were so small and stupid compared to Phantom's. "I grew up in Helovia, and my parents left me. I still don't know why they didn't look for me, but they left me in the Basin until I left on my own. I somehow found my mother just in time to watch my father pass, then following her to the Hidden Falls and—" I gather myself, throat clotting at the thought of Delinne birthing a child that was not my father's. "She gave birth to a child that wasn't my father's. She was still grieving over his death and that's how she handled it. I blamed her for everything and ran away- probably not the greatest thing a child can do. But that's over now, and I'm soon to be starting my own family in the Throat," I nod gently, smiling at the thought of Aurelia laying beside a child of ours, a blend of night and day. I think tears are welling up in my eyes by the time another pair join us, eyes wandering to the familiar duo whom we had seen not too long ago.

I laugh a little at the sight of the bay and alabaster filly and Hector, amused that yet again we run into them. This time I give him a smile and a few words in greeting, the weight and pressure of my tale as I no longer kept it brewing and bubbling deep inside. It had been vague but surely Phantom had gotten the general idea of the source of my unhappiness. "We meet again, brother." Was it appropriate to call him as such? We were both children of the Throat now weren't we? Shrugging this off I move forward to see another pair, young children working their way towards us just as Phantom suggests we pick apples. I look to where the ruby red fruits sat within a tree, stretching my wings and feeling the feathers scrape against the rough bark of trees. "I'm far too large to fly up there," I snort, noticing that the colt tagging behind the filly was familiar. Yseult gives a soft squeal as she hobbles upon my poll, wings layered upon her sides. Oh, that boy had also competed for the egg from which Yseult hatched. The colt shakes the branch, letting it rain red fruits. Backing up and watching carefully, I offer a smile to the boy as I felt guilt loom over me, wishing I could say something but I couldn't. Instead I started placing apples in a little pile where the clipping and the pink fruit were placed. Looking at Phantom and then to the pile, I decide that we've probably gathered enough. "I think it's time for us to go." Maybe it was the fear that the boy would recognize me that made me want to run away, or the fact that I'd just spilling out most of my life to someone I've known for only a day.

"blah blah blah."

ooc: Phantestry // Destry & Phantom !!
word count: 802

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread
an idiot's guide to dendrology -- - by Destry - 02-11-2015, 07:32 PM
RE: an idiot's guide to dendrology -- - by Hector - 02-11-2015, 08:31 PM
RE: an idiot's guide to dendrology -- - by Isara - 02-12-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: an idiot's guide to dendrology -- - by Arya - 02-12-2015, 01:43 AM
RE: an idiot's guide to dendrology -- - by Rhoa - 02-12-2015, 11:47 AM