the Rift

the world is spinning

Nocturne Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
N.octurne
Now you've gone and done it!

I laughed at myself when I could stop being furious that I had forgotten such an important part of my body. Even if it had no nerve endings, no pain, no blood vessels. It was still part of me. I braced one hoof against the tree, thoughtful and not at all lost of the irony of my situation when just moments before I had been reminescing about being trapped in trees, and attempted to pull myself loose. There wasn't even a rattle in the great trunk of the tree, no leaves or branches shook, nothing trembled. I made no difference to the tree and it made every difference to me. Oh, brilliant, Noct. Going and getting stuck again!

"Can I be of assistance?"

I would have jerked around to look at the mare that had so easily crept up on me had I not been trapped. I did, however, attempt to spin. The attempt was a token effort, it would seem. The tree held firm and the best I could do was turn an ear and my eye, swinging my body around to a strange angle that really was unpleasant. "I would greatly appreciate it, if you would." I confessed to her.

On the bright side my itch was gone. Because that's the most important problem, not your horn trapped in a tree or the fact that predators could kill you right now. Of course the itch was the most important problem! If it had still been there I would have been in agony, and likely caught myself again trying to scratch it. I only hoped she wouldn't ask how I had ended up like this. I couldn't very well tell her the truth and it was unlikely she would help if I lied with bravado and said I was chasing some vagabond off. I was the vagabond and I still had no idea where I was.

Be still my wild heart! She was a lovely creature, delicate, poised and- round? Well, Noct, you haven't a thing to worry from her now. She's quite pregnant, which means she's quite taken. It didn't stop me from admiring her appearance, as much as I could from where I stood, however, but it was the Dragon that had been doing a double take when i started to look away and focus on the tree again.

Dragon? Indeed it was a dragon! So there were companions here, as well? Did that mean there was magic? It would be possible to gain back what I had lost? My heart rose up before I could remind myself that hope was a foolish and cruel mistress. I cleared my throat, trying to calm myself. "It must seem silly of me, but I have forgotten to introduce myself, I am Nocturne and whom might you be?" I wanted to ask about the dragon. I wanted to know more. The vivid red against the serene forest and her creamy coat was striking and kept drawing my pale gaze back to it. Just what was that clicking sound it was making? I tugged, trying to free myself and ground my teeth against the ache in my neck. At least I had not stood here for hours waiting for help. That would have been exhausting, and probably more embarrassing...
O.oc details
COUNT five six three TAGS open/ @Resplendence PLAYLIST none ARTWORK by myself
NOTES lol no you're fine. he definitely got himself stuck xD

Messages In This Thread
the world is spinning - by Nocturne - 02-12-2015, 08:30 PM
RE: the world is spinning - by Resplendence - 02-12-2015, 09:34 PM
RE: the world is spinning - by Nocturne - 02-12-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: the world is spinning - by Resplendence - 02-12-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: the world is spinning - by Nocturne - 02-13-2015, 12:32 AM
RE: the world is spinning - by Resplendence - 02-13-2015, 10:31 PM
RE: the world is spinning - by Nocturne - 02-14-2015, 04:57 AM