the Rift

[OPEN] !! Lock Me Up

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor & Evangeline

Buckets, baskets, cages… the tools were unending and yet, the God of the Earth couldn’t gather these things with his divine power? After depositing herbs and flowers and plants of every nature at his feet, the great God related another demand- bring animals. Herbivores, carnivores, omnivores, anything that looked like it might have the capability to reproduce. I was fine with leaving the wolves and the big cats that occasionally wandered through Helovia, but I still dreaded “trapping” anything and everything else. What was I supposed to do, corner some rabbit and ask him to “come with me?” I’m sure that I could just lay my trap before him and he’d throw himself inside, eager to be saved like the rest of us.

Only, that would truly never happen.

This was perhaps why I was quite bitter toward the idea of locating, planning, and trapping said animal. Not to mention, this was my third, fourth, or maybe fifth trip back to the Meadow from the Edge. How were we supposed to sleep in between so many tasks? Honestly, I think I was getting a little delirious from lack of sleep and overexertion, but exhaustion wouldn’t stop me! Hell no! Although, I did worry about Evangeline… I didn’t want her to suffer from fatigue and that was why I’d ended up in the forest just beyond the Meadow itself, head low, trying to scout out some kind of creature that would pacify our great God.

The rustling of nearby limbs caused me to look up and then I spotted it, the answer to my weary desperation. A squirrel! I reached to grab the trap that I’d dropped at my feet moments before and then ran off after the little monster in hopes of coaxing him down from the branches and into my waiting arms.

However, the more I ran, the faster that little demon darted through the branches overhead. I was about to scream at him when I broke through an overgrown thicket and into the presence of Resplendence and Quilyan. I completely blanched, at a loss for words and perhaps a little stunned that the heat and fatigue had finally made me some crazy, bumbling fool. “Are you alright?” I questioned, slightly out of breath. They didn’t have to know I’d just chased a fucking squirrel through the forest… they didn’t have to know anything.

Don't be just everything she wants, be everything she needs
When she says she loves you, tell her you love her too
Evangeline -- Edited

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
!! Lock Me Up - by Resplendence - 02-12-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: !! Lock Me Up - by Thor - 02-12-2015, 09:33 PM
RE: !! Lock Me Up - by Destrier - 02-12-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: !! Lock Me Up - by Laedere - 02-12-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: !! Lock Me Up - by Evangeline - 02-12-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: !! Lock Me Up - by Miykael - 02-13-2015, 12:18 AM
RE: !! Lock Me Up - by Fig - 02-13-2015, 05:18 AM