the Rift

[OPEN] !! Lock Me Up

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

My pride had nearly gotten in the way of Thor's generous offer, but thinking better of the situation and heeding Suli's persistent warnings, I'd allowed the larger man to take over the pulling of the Edge's cart. With the little green's assistance, we'd adjusted the makeshift harness about him and strayed behind the cart as we made our way back to the meadow, only to be handed yet another task by the God of the Earth.

Old bones ached and tired muscles begged for rest, but I had to push through my exhaustion. There was simply no time for it, not with the coming of the flood, and this time, Earth had bestowed us with a task that had been nagging in the back of my mind since this all began, a concern that I would have addressed if the God hadn't done so himself.

The animals.

I was uncertain how we would get them all aboard, if it were even possible, for they far outnumbered the equine species and some liked to look upon us and think little more than 'dinner'. But with the help of friends, family, the Edge, strangers, I was confident the lot of us could do at least some amount of good.

As we passed the stream by, Suli swept silently over the meadow and came down upon an unsuspecting hare, but it was with one of the many cages provided to us rather than with her lethal talons. Carefully the dragoness tipped the cage back and quickly shut the door to ensure the hare wouldn't escape, then cast me a look I had grown far too familiar with in our nearly two years together. A challenging, competitive look that I received nearly every single day, or at least, it seemed that way. 'Beat you,' her words rang in my head, and with a toothy, proud looking grin sent my way, the green took flight with the cage firmly within her talons as she carried it back to the ship.

A heavy sigh passed through my lips, feeling years older than I already was. "She will be the death of me... But I'd be lost without her," I remarked to Romani, casting a fair smile to the warrior before placing my focus back on the task at hand. In the distance I could see a small group of white-tailed deer, a singular buck amongst two does from what I could see. Glancing back to see if anyone else had joined us, I spied Resplendence catching some much needed rest, a sympathetic look filtering into bister eyes before I caught sight of Thor, giving a soft nicker in hopes of attracting the Specter's attention. "Brother!" I called to him, motioning towards the deer with a gesture of my nose.

"Perhaps we could try and herd them into one of the larger cages?" I looked to Romani and Thor, and anyone else who might have decided to join, doing my best to gauge their opinions.

"Speak."

[ DESMANI @[Romani] ]

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
!! Lock Me Up - by Resplendence - 02-12-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: !! Lock Me Up - by Thor - 02-12-2015, 09:33 PM
RE: !! Lock Me Up - by Destrier - 02-12-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: !! Lock Me Up - by Laedere - 02-12-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: !! Lock Me Up - by Evangeline - 02-12-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: !! Lock Me Up - by Miykael - 02-13-2015, 12:18 AM
RE: !! Lock Me Up - by Fig - 02-13-2015, 05:18 AM
RE: !! Lock Me Up - by Artorius - 02-13-2015, 10:56 AM
RE: !! Lock Me Up - by Isopia - 02-13-2015, 11:40 AM
RE: !! Lock Me Up - by Aithniel - 02-13-2015, 02:56 PM