the Rift

[OPEN] Your Girlfriend's Mixtape -- Task 4

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds
Atlas
Bring me water he says, I’ll keep you hydrated. Bring me plants, I’ll keep you sustained. Bring me animals and I’ll continue to let them annoy the shit out of you. Seriously, this was turning into a gargantuan mess. I was done with the tasks back when they asked me to pair with Vacant Eyes. She’d been “spotty” at best and I was left with all the heavy lifting. I was man, but I was also a pretty man. Vacant Eyes was more equipped for heavy lifting than I… but where was she when I needed her? Certainly not anywhere I could see. Maybe that’s why I’d set of for this new task without looking back. She didn’t need me and I didn’t need her.

With the newest tool clutched between my teeth, I set of toward the Deep Forest in hopes of conjuring up some magic from dirt. I’d acquired the strangest ability known to man and I planned to use it in order to catch some kind of rodent the Earth God would deem worthy of “saving.” In my opinion, Vacant Eyes deserved to fall off the boat, but I couldn’t see His Almighty Divinity sharing that belief. So, I’d just have to be rid of her myself. Maybe I’d tell her that we were boarding an hour too late… maybe she’d fall for it. After all, she wasn’t the brightest cookie in the box.

Upon reaching the Forest, I dropped the trap at my hooves and went in search of something, anything to bring back to the boat. I’d grabbed a rather large trap in hopes of capturing something big, but I wasn’t sure what one man could trap all on his own. The Deep Forest had my attempt to locate something scary, like a wolf or a bear… and somehow convince said predator to follow me home, but of course that would mean risking my precious stars and no one wanted that.

While wandering through the shade, I caught the smallest figment of sound and decided to retrieve my trap and follow it. I was excited, enthusiastic, and hopeful that it would be something worthwhile… and I’d made sure to bring the open trap, ready to capture whatever culprit I pursued.

There was a tight clumping of brush just ahead and to the left, and the closer I got, the louder the rustling became. I smiled upon finally reaching it and dropped my trap before sauntering toward the opposite side. Once there, I threw a wayward hood into the brush and waited.

CLINNNG!

The trap closed and I ran back around the thicket to inspect my catch, but was almost immediately disappointed. Of course it would be a fucking mouse. Of course.

Of course.

Of fucking course!
Coding by Tamme || Image Credits

@[Jorogumo] -- OPEN FOR CRASHING

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Messages In This Thread
Your Girlfriend's Mixtape -- Task 4 - by Atlas - 02-12-2015, 11:03 PM