the Rift

For the love of Steel (Questing, RE, Ali, Alex)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
The distance that separated them kept most of a particular rotting scent from his chilled nostrils. Honey colored eyes couldn’t quite see the pealing flesh; constant uplifts of wind took snowcover from frozen earth. But, all too quickly the yards closed to feet as he drew them closer. Body stiffened to a halt and eyes widened at what stood before him. His gut immediately sickened and bile rose in his throat until the taste of acid filled his mouth.

A spirit child? Living dead? "How can he help?" Ktulu said loudly. Midas didn’t have to turn skull to feel her come alongside his frame. One ear swiveled round to catch the digested snort in her tones. Frowning deeply he listened as she added,"It's nothing but a rotting corpse." His brain shot the instinct of flight into his mind, ‘this beast was dangerous’, it said. Had he been a horse of lesser faith, he might have turned with Ktulu and left the dead to rot, instead, Midas stood firm a wariness filtering the depth of his stare.

Earth shifted, and between the cracks of snow and ice; silver liquid floated to the surface. Pooling at first and then rising to follow the lead of the one that controlled it. So. It seems he was correct. "This steel you seek," both upright senses perked, "I can grant it to you, on one simple condition." Brows almost immediately narrowed, ‘what,’ he wondered, ‘could this spirit possibly want from me?’

Answers came without his words of question, "Lead him away from me. Bring him to a healer, force him from my side if you must," gaze turned to follow and landed squarely on a previously unnoticed shadow of a creature. A well measured lump of fur rested behind the dead foal. Its collapsed body was curled into the snow, eyes staring wholly at its master with an expression he could only describe as mournful. Midas knew a little of bonded creatures, but—this one seemed different. All the others had been vigorous, healthy. The pitiful creature was weak and appeared to be nearly half dead. What had happened to this poor soul?

Blinking, he turned attention back to the metal bender as a chunk of what he sought landed inches away. The hiss and sizzling warned of it being too hot to touch for the moment. "Take your steel, but take him with you."

Wings shifted along his side, flaring slightly before closing to fold in a new position. Gold turned to stare into empty white, “It shall be done,” he said evenly, “I will see that your condition is filled.” One step was taken closer; a sudden chill ran through his shoulders and down to the point of cool knees, “My thanks, for lending your talent.” Nothing in this world came for free. Plus—he couldn’t help but feel sorrow for the cat like beast that lay close by.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: For the love of Steel (Questing, RE, Ali, Alex) - by Midas - 10-05-2012, 07:00 PM