the Rift

[OPEN] Wild things

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

As we traveled back to the meadow with our cache of plants, I couldn't help but feel Hector looking at me every once in a while. When I looked at him though, I only manage to catch some form of quirky smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. Warm feelings began to bloom within me as I realized that no matter what Hector was going to be there for me. It didn't matter that I had this weird magic that I had no control over yet. It didn't matter that my wings were larger than they should be. It didn't matter that I wasn't his flesh and blood – or at least I didn't think I was. A soft smile formed upon my lips as we grew closer to the meadow and it was there because I was with him, my father.

When we arrived and turned in our collection the organizer gave us another task which entailed catching animals so that they may be saved as well. I nodded my head to show him that I understood and chased after Hector. One thing about these tasks and all their traveling...they were sure helping me figure out how to hold my wings while trying to go faster. By now, keeping up with Hector was much easier than it was at the beginning. Maybe soon I'd be able to fly or learn how to fight and be a warrior like Hector is or other things like maybe be a spy whatever that was.

We were beginning to near the forest that we were in not so long ago when Hector told me that this would be the perfect time to practice my magic to try trapping our animals. But what if I killed them instead? What would we do then?

“Okay,” I said nervously. I didn't entirely like the idea of trying to use my magic to trap our animals when I didn't know how to control it yet, let alone how to use it. I...I was scared both times and well it just happened. Maybe that was the answer? Maybe I had to somehow tap into that feeling...being scared.

Why did it have to be fear that activated it?

'Veci is watching,' Hector mused quietly before calling for me to come. Who was Veci? Was he some sort of god or spirit that Hector believed in? Was he a loved one that Hector lost a long time ago and believed watched over us like an angel? Was he even a he? I was confused and wanted to ask him about it but figured I could ask him another time...when we were less busy and didn't have the threat of a flood looming over top of us.

It was quiet in the forest now, but after about a half hour I spotted something moving just on the other side of a tree and curiously I chased after it – leaving Hector's protection. My legs carried me somewhat quietly – as I was trying to be – and eventually I found myself on a raised ledge with a nothing much besides a large hollow log. Over the edge and below I could see Hector and a couple other bodies...including one wingless.

Be brave like Hector

“Where did you go,” I muttered to myself as I began to head back the way I came. But I was soon cut short by the sight of two orange and white furry creatures standing in my way. A smile quickly formed on my lips at the sight of them, but it quickly disappeared because I noticed neither of them seemed all to happy with me. Slowly, I took a step backwards closer to the log and when I did that they both seemed to launch off towards me.

Their sudden approach caught me off guard. I thought it was I who was supposed to be hunting, but this seemed to be the other way around. I stumbled backwards as I tried to put some distance between me and the angry orange creatures but they seemed to be moving faster than I was.

Wait! My magic. I'm supposed to be practicing my magic right now. Thoughts whirled inside my brain as I tried to forcefully use my magic. They were getting closer and closer and right about when I thought I was going to fail I charged up to the log, stood my ground, and waited for them to attack. Only they didn't. Right at the last second spikes protruded from the earth around me. But they were different this time. They were yellow and not near as tall as they were with December. As they started to appear I squealed with excitement but then realized that I didn't have it under control. I tried to concentrate to control this ability. After a little bit I could feel a grasp on it and watched as the yellow spikes began to appear where I wanted them to.

Now it was time to catch them.

Unfortunately, I was too late for one of the creatures. Its body hung limply from atop one of the spikes with red blood dripping down the spike. The sight of it made my stomach turn and form a knot. I... I was responsible for killing a living thing now... I didn't know how I felt about that exactly. The other creature however was caught within the grasps of several spikes stuck where it stood, but it was unharmed. It snarled and snapped at me and I felt a little pleased with myself.

Pale ears swiveled as a small yipping noise reached me and my head turned towards the log. Was something hiding in there? Curiously, I walked over and peered inside it. To my amazement there were three creatures that were smaller than the one I had caught. They were smaller and more brownish.

“Babies,” I murmured as I realized just why the two creatures had acted like they did. Guilt began to wash over me as I looked back over to the one that laid dead on a spike and to the one trapped within my magic.

I...I had killed one of their parents.

But I could make it up to them! I could save them.

“Shh,” I whispered to the three smaller creatures as I reached in for them, “Everything will be okay. I just want to help.”

Within a few minutes I drug all three of the smaller creatures out and held them by their tails. I was about to leave with the three smaller creatures because I didn't know how to get the bigger one free, but as I turned to leave I realized something. I had accidentally trapped myself on the ledge too. Shit.

I looked around, but saw no other way to Hector besides going over the edge – which was like a long ass way down by the way. Mind turned to my wings for a minute. They shuffled about as I tested them out, considering the possibility of trying to fly for the first time ever. Hrm...I might be able to make it.

I back myself up until my butt barely felt the cold touch of the yellow spikes behind me. A few seconds passed as I mentally prepared myself for what I was about to do and then I took off running with the three smaller creatures still being held by their tails in my mouth. The ledge came sooner than I thought it would have and panic began to fill me as I grew closer and closer to it. Then in an instant I felt the ground leave my hooves as I propelled myself off the edge and outstretched my wings as much as I could.

Glee filled me and if I didn't have the three creatures dangling by my mouth, I would have laughed. I was flying! I WAS FLYING! I WAS....falling...slowly. The ground grew closer and closer as I glided further and further. SHIT! I thought to myself as I realized I had no idea how to land.

It didn't matter though. Soon my legs touched the ground and I began rolling upon the ground – all the while doing my best to protect the babies from harm. I skidded to a halt at Hector's feet and besides a few scrapes I was relatively unharmed. Even the baby creatures were unharmed. They seemed a little shaken, but they were unharmed. Quite happy with myself, I got up and stuck them in the cage that Hector brought with us.

“I think their mum is up there stuck in my magic,” I report to him just before he introduces me to the winged equines named Midas and Africa. “Hi!” I smiled softly at them as I listened to Hector explain that they used to call Dragon's Throat their home too. My brow furrowed a little. Used to call it home?

“Why did they leave?” I pose the question aloud for all to hear, but it was mostly geared towards Hector. Then he spoke to the wingless colt. Why did he seem so chummy around them? The question lingered in my mind. But instead of cowering like I usually did, I tried to be brave...like Hector. And even though I felt uncomfortable, I tried my best to keep my composure as Hector continued to socialize with him. Maybe not...all...wingless were bad.

"Isara's speech"|"Isara's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 1573
TAGGED;; @[Hector]
OOC;; Sooo Isa is starting to come out of her shell xD And she went after Foxes 8D Oh and this time she made HELIODOR crystal spikes.

Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

Messages In This Thread
Wild things - by Midas - 02-13-2015, 11:24 AM
RE: Wild things - by Volterra - 02-13-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: Wild things - by Africa - 02-13-2015, 03:11 PM
RE: Wild things - by Hector - 02-13-2015, 04:49 PM
RE: Wild things - by Isara - 02-13-2015, 07:05 PM