the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

A dragon, golden and glittering, pristine in her beauty and deadly in her intentions, walked towards the Edge this day. It was afternoon, the sun was not far from licking the horizon that was made up of the tops of the trees which littered the Edge. She walked, for that was the common mode of transport among her kin. Leathery wings clutched to her sides, scales gleamed across her sinewy hide. The long, draconic tail swished out behind her, as claws left curious indents in the loam beneath her weight. Mirage walked, as a dragon, towards a land that would become her home.

War.

It was not a word, or an idea, that appealed directly to the maiden. Her reasons for initiating this battle were complex, and she had considered them multiple times, and multiple times again, trying to see another solution. But until the Frosted King allowed her, and her kin, to reside here, she would use this method. And she would succeed.

The DragonHeart clutched onto the memories of the Moon Goddess' words. The Goddess sanctioned this battle, it was over the lands she blessed, the lands she truly ruled, and she did not oppose Mirage's intentions. This, alongside the devoted loyalty and strength Mirage found in her followers, allowed her to walk with confidence, and determination, towards her goal. The World's Edge. The Moon Goddess' own lands.

The Qian. Mirage had to wonder if even Mauja knew of them yet. Her allies certainly knew of them. Perhaps some individuals had fed him rumours of her fellows, her supporters. Perhaps he knew of the Qian, and discounted them to be meaningless against him, for he certainly made no effort to consort with Mirage - then again, it was not as if she specifically sought him out. The mare wondered whether, if she had bothered to spend effort on the cause, she would have been able to convince him once again to open his borders to any who called the Moon Goddess her deity.

If she held any true hope in that, however, she would not be approaching the lands with the intentions she held now.

Akaith warbled above her. The Qian, and associated allies, were also nearby, prepared for what would come. A draconic snort puffed out through the large golden one's slitted nostrils, smoke trailing in its wake. Mirage stopped, at the treeline of the Edge, careful to take in every detail she could. Her visit to these lands may have only been brief previously, but still she felt pulled to them, she yearned for them. No others could ever match the comfort of her Lady Luna's own lands.

"World's Edge, land of unicorns, I ask you - Accept our desire to share your land with us so that we might have a home, or feel the force of the Qian and its allies!"

The dragon-mare did not like to give ultimatums, she did not like to be the initiator of a war that would like echo throughout the ages of Helovia. Words of a friend echoed in her mind, small seeds of doubt threatened to grow - no, she told herself, she was here to secure her home and future for the Qian - here was where her mind would focus until the battle was fought and the victors crowned.

[555 words.
Round One. Please be sure to be well versed on the rules of this style of invasion, found here.

"Round One consists of entry posts for all character involved in the invasion. The first round is the only round that will last for five days. If your character fails to post within the first round, they are not allowed to be involved within the invasion."

Enjoy! xx ]

Messages In This Thread
Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Mirage - 09-15-2012, 04:38 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Jaydan - 09-16-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Ned - 09-16-2012, 01:29 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Monster - 09-16-2012, 01:24 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Lloyd - 09-16-2012, 03:41 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Monster - 09-17-2012, 03:00 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Lucius - 09-17-2012, 10:38 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Giselle - 09-17-2012, 11:45 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Arabella - 09-19-2012, 01:06 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Aurelius - 09-20-2012, 01:45 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Korra - 09-20-2012, 01:50 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Ricciardo - 09-20-2012, 02:21 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Cineviam - 09-20-2012, 06:25 PM