the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE]

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
She guided him forward, a golden beacon in his life and for so many others. His golden eyes lingered on her, still quietly fascinated that his mate had been granted this form in parallel to her own, natural form. Where he straddled the line between dragon and equine, she passed over to either side with merely a thought and the workings of magic too great for him to fully comprehend. It was enough, today, to watch her regal passage as she led them to battle.

It was the Edge they approached, home of the FrostHeart and his unicorns. Patron land of the Moon Goddess. There wasn't a whisper of doubt in the hybrid's mind about the situation, and he forced himself to walk taller, with greater pride, as they drew closer. With an effort he tore his gaze from his mate and lifted his head high, well above its usual position in line with his spine. Deliberately he put a bit of arch in his neck, spring to his step, even as he somewhat unfurled his wings. Anything to make himself seem larger and more intimidating to a potential foe. A bit of exhaled smoke from his nares was just the cherry on top of his display. He was of a mind that it might lend courage to those who followed him as WingLeader and Mirage as WeyrLeader to see them both proud and confident.

At the forest's edge he halted half a stride behind the dragon-mare, standing the width of one of his wings to the side of her. Close enough to spring to her aid if necessary. Yet not so close as to seem to be hovering... or so close that she might catch an errant streamer of fire or the swing of his barbed-tipped tail should matters come to that. Which... he expected they would. Her voice rang out, putting to words the challenge they brought. In the echo of it, a call rang out from the pegasus stallion standing not too far off. The hybrid grunted softly, then included his own call. It rumbled low and throaty, reminiscent of thunder, of approaching hooves. A storm was coming.

[361 words]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Vikram - 09-15-2012, 06:03 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Jaydan - 09-16-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Ned - 09-16-2012, 01:29 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Monster - 09-16-2012, 01:24 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Lloyd - 09-16-2012, 03:41 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Monster - 09-17-2012, 03:00 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Lucius - 09-17-2012, 10:38 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Giselle - 09-17-2012, 11:45 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Arabella - 09-19-2012, 01:06 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Aurelius - 09-20-2012, 01:45 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Korra - 09-20-2012, 01:50 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Ricciardo - 09-20-2012, 02:21 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND ONE] - by Cineviam - 09-20-2012, 06:25 PM