Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

destry</style>
the moment of truth and the moment to lie
the moment to live and the moment to die
the moment to fight for what’s right</style>

Aurelia remains quiet, a bitter expression crossing her face. A horned brow rises, curious as to why such an expression was worn, especially around Rhoa, who seemed unhappy about talking about his negligent absent parents. He tells us his father was busy keeping the herd safe, that he didn't need his father's protection. I raise a brow to the boy, wanting to know if that was the truth, if he really didn't need Gaucho's watch, or if it was just an act.

In an attempt to lighten the sudden heaviness that had sunken onto our winged shoulders, I smile at the mention of the Academy. "Really? I didn't know about that, it sounds really interesting." My artificial smile crawls across my face, praying it's convincing enough, and that Rhoa was a master of disguise and could tell easily that I was just trying to find something to enlighten our downing conversation. I felt that my sad efforts to do so were crushed as soon as Rhoa tried to name who he had since his father and mother were gone, his words trailing off and a frown slipping over my lips. I looked up at the boy, an expression of sympathy and understanding offered out to him, a hypothetical outstretch of a helping hand, a wish to aid the boy.

"It's okay, Rhoa. I've been in a similar situation. I understand how awful it is to be the lone wolf, to not have anyone." Recollection of my sorrowful past brings a pitiful smile to my lips as inside I begin to break down, my kingdom crumbling, remnants crashing into the sea and sinking to the dark depths. My heart sinks with it, eyes dulling as I recall the pain of realizing I was alone in the world, forced to fend for myself because no one else was there to protect me. "That's how my life was until a few seasons ago," my head turns to Aurelia, a wing adjusting to push my body so that I may get a better view of my pale angel. I remain that way for a moment, admiring the way her alabaster bodice glowed beneath the silver light of the moon, washing over her bodice and accenting the golden dapples beautifully. Returning my gaze to the grey child, I offer a smile to the boy. I was able to shove away the guilt of using the boy for my quest, but not for long. I could feel the guilt and it's gnarled talons, reaching out from the depths of my being to claw at my mind until I was crying and begging for it to let go. It would taunt me, tell me I was awful and selfish for using a child like this. Somehow though, I knew I could pull through.
"Talking"

ooc uh i'll wrap it up in my next post i think <3 | wordcount 466 | tags @[Aurelia] && @[Rhoa]

image by aling_ @ flickr.com
lyrics belongs to This Is War by 30 Seconds To Mars
(modified)</style>

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread
ash in our lungs -- - by Destry - 02-15-2015, 12:29 AM
RE: ash in our lungs -- - by Aurelia - 02-15-2015, 12:50 PM
RE: ash in our lungs -- - by Rhoa - 03-08-2015, 09:59 PM
RE: ash in our lungs -- - by Destry - 03-09-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: ash in our lungs -- - by Aurelia - 03-25-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: ash in our lungs -- - by Rhoa - 03-28-2015, 08:34 PM