the Rift

[OPEN] that dreadful bond

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Ampere the Mother of Companions

The gnawing worry of Shadow's sharp stare continued to wear on Ampere as she and her son sheltered in a room during the upheaval of the drowned land. In that time she frequently asked herself questions which she couldn't answer, chief among which was why hadn't she pursued the disappearance of the child? He had never showed up for their patrol, although she had purposefully tried to outfly the child, angry at being partnered with a foal of all things. When he hadn't come she'd assumed he'd stayed home, looked after by one of the more, motherly mares of the Throat.

She could have looked for him though. She patrolled often enough, and had never found him then, but hadn't been seeking him either. Of course he wasn't the first to abruptly leave, horses came and went of their own accord all the time, but at his age he deserved some looking after, especially given that Ampere had thought his mother to be dead following the infection of the land. It was chaotic times for everyone, she tried to reassure herself, but to no avail.

When the boat finally settled and she had seen her own son to a safe return home with friends, Ampere looked for Shadow, which wasn't hard. Her frantic voice was calling our brashly to Rei. Ampere hesitated, guilt drying her throat and churning her gut, but she wouldn't fail this same family again. Strengthening herself, the Mother of Companions (not foals, to be clear), strode towards the dark mare, a shadow of her past. "Any sign of him?" she asked, hopeful, but she already knew the answer just by looking at the mare, it was just a way to start them talking. After a pause, an with quiet tone, "Shadow, I'm sorry. Can I help?"
Credits: Image by eagle-cry-designs @ DA

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
that dreadful bond - by Shadow - 02-15-2015, 04:29 AM
RE: that dreadful bond - by Ampere - 02-15-2015, 02:30 PM
RE: that dreadful bond - by Shadow - 02-22-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: that dreadful bond - by Ampere - 02-25-2015, 08:46 PM