the Rift

[OPEN] that dreadful bond

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Ampere the Mother of Companions

The response came like a shot fired, the slug sinking heavily into the curvature of Ampere's heart. In response her ears fled, much like her legs wanted to do, finding respite in the shadows cast by her mane. It would have been enough then, to sag beneath the weight of Shadow's disappointment, to boil under the heated gaze of her purple wrath, to drift in the abyss of their lost friendship. Yet Shadow pursued the wounded animal that was Ampere, her words weapons which cast too many cuts to equal an eye for an eye. Backed into a corner of self-hatred and despair, Ampere's teeth grit together with determined defiance, her own anger rising inside like bile.

"I could help!" she shot back, feathers lifting like a dark wave upon her back, before resettling. "I saw him last but I am not the one responsible," came her words like a growl, the echo of them caught in the glowering stare of blue that Ampere returned. It came out faster than she realized, this retaliation born of guilt and stifled unhappiness, similar to the sharpness that honed Shadow's ire.

Catching herself Ampere quieted, apology flashing in the ocean of her gaze, a step taken away - a retreat. Why didn't I do more? she asked not for the first, and likely not the last time.

"We were patrolling in the Ancient Rotunda... though I never saw him once I left the Throat." Ampere began after a moment of silence, her words barely breaking the quiet. It wasn't much, what she gave... just an emptiness left by the forgotten child. She'd help look though, help find.

Find.

Ampere's eyes widened with recognition. Feathers bristled in her haste as Ampere abruptly grinned, her magic working on invisible strands of unseen electricity to unsheathe a dagger from its place at her back. Clumsy with the newfound tool she almost shot it out at the dark mare as she swung it around in front of her, but reigned in back in rapidly, its bony weight hovering before them. "This!" she exclaimed, incomprehensible in her excitement. "This can help us find him." Confidently Ampere reached out to her knife, her words like butterflies coating its jagged length. "Find, Kari," she bade of it, watching for its point to turn and lead them true.
Credits: Image by eagle-cry-designs @ DA

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
that dreadful bond - by Shadow - 02-15-2015, 04:29 AM
RE: that dreadful bond - by Ampere - 02-15-2015, 02:30 PM
RE: that dreadful bond - by Shadow - 02-22-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: that dreadful bond - by Ampere - 02-25-2015, 08:46 PM