the Rift

[OPEN] Truth is only found at the source (Guacho, Africa)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
[Image: 53c23221eee99]
Gilden toes are caressed as a lover upon the cooling sand of Dragons Throat. Tis early evening, we'd arrived later than planned; stopping often to ensure my dappled company was both comfortable and well nourished. I paused at their border, mindfully respecting the old laws of our kin. Lungs breath deep the dry salt of this desert, a scent once welcomed with fondness.

Now.

Tis tainted also with a bitter reminder that can be felt upon the air around me...my personal shortcomings taken physical shape.

Grief, sickness, unrest...and a flood kept me physically unable to make this lengthy journey away from home before now. My soul felt pulled to meet with a distant brother -- too often had our words been of work and the like...I'd rather have his ear for something of a more intimate concern. One such topic -- word had come to me (from a soldier hailed in the Throat) that Sohalia returned from her ventures wounded. Sadly, this knowledge was learned after the girl had been set a foot. Likely to return home.

"Does it please ye, to see the sands once more?" Similar to the question I'd asked before we'd taken leave. Gaze travels to the child of sun, genuinely curious to hear her answer. Fina raises her crown slowly from the crook of one wing and glances around. Neve shuffles to her side, picking at flaming pinions, encouraging a game.
[Image: 53c231fe00a58]

@[Africa]
@[Gaucho]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Truth is only found at the source (Guacho, Africa) - by Midas - 02-15-2015, 11:08 PM