the Rift

[OPEN] Promised return (Leads, Lead Healer)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
[Image: 53c23221eee99]
My skin crawls from beneath fur, anticipation of a change that became no more familiar or easier to witness...those soft eyes disappear beneath their veil. I stiffen, ears trace the line of my skull, already sampling those expected sounds born from a memory of them. Yar, I'd never get used to the groan and snap of bone literally bending, breaking -- I waited, dreading, unable to shut my ears off. Silas awoke with a start, glancing toward us and his bonded with a dim stare. His starlit wings flutter apart and their flashing, glittery hue drew my attention momentarily from predicted discomfort. Lids flicker shut, blinking a single time -- they fell across my gaze for less than a fraction of a second.

Her deed was done.

I stared at them, jaw falling slightly ajar -- words stilled in my mind. Ah, a small grin formed in the wake of realization. Those old legends hold true -- time magic...or else, Africa had suddenly gotten efficient and mercifully silent amid transformation. Her feathered frame silently flutters upon my spine. Tiny talons woven into hair, locking the girl with a hold stronger than iron. The addition is barely noticed, she hardly weighted little more than a Pegasus feather. Neve chirped merely, delighted by the notion of this new traveling companion. "Ail," she chortled aloud, greeting Africa in the old tongue. I glanced to the ground, where her leafy satchel remained. Muzzle dropped, teeth slide close around the supple leather bindings. Pinions withdrew from their sheath, "Ha-nng on," vocals vibrated between clinched molars.

Fina scowled as Silas launched himself to an early lead, she hoisted herself up and away, swift to the purpose of overtaking yon midnight colored avian.

Forefeet dug into the ground, leading my frame into motion. Crown pitched up and with a few mighty heaves, earth was left behind, a slight cloud of golden dust in our wake. Though once airborne, my bumpy take off would likely fade into memory. For who else could tame heaven more gracefully than us?

A prideful statement?

Perhaps...

Feathers catch the wind, bending fluidly, greeting the golden hues of rebirth and the rising sun with even thrusts. Speedily I chase the updrafts and thermals, hastening our journey. Neve settled herself in for an extended nap. She would later join her sister in the sky, but not before snagging a few mindless hours of sleep. Ahead, Fina raced on, seemingly tireless; easily outpacing even the most spurred wingbeats. Foolish pride would keep her airborne...at least until Silas took a rest.

______

By late midday we'd arrived.

Neve soared above, having spent most of our journey nestled away and thus had energy aplenty to spare. I was travelworn, though not nearly as weary as a certain Phoenix who'd lost her early lead when tiring pinions finally gave wisdom via aching pain for the girl to rest. She snoozed quietly, with her head nestled comfortably inside one flaming wing.

With care and a practiced eye, we took to the ground well away from their border. A respect owed even toward our allies and closest kin. Forelimbs extend, mating with their springy turf. Feathers shut halfway, allowing my frame to drop gracefully. They slip apart a moment later, extending to stretch those used muscles to prevent soreness later. Fina was jostled awake upon landing, aqua eyes are murky for only a moment before sharping with awareness. Jaws released their hold on the brown bag. Allowing it to fall with a muffled thump. My mouth was dry and tongue felt sticky against a roof long coated with thirst. Maybe Edge would invite us to linger a night.

OOC: This is set before the flood and the Moon reveal. Sorry for the wonky liquid time thing :/....hope it won't be a problem. Never mind...

[Image: 53c231fe00a58]
OOC: Africa has granted Midas permission for any power play noted. She has the same for Africa.
@[Africa]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Promised return (Leads, Lead Healer) - by Midas - 02-16-2015, 03:49 PM