the Rift

[OPEN] Promised return (Leads, Lead Healer)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
[Image: 53c23221eee99]
What could I say that would've offered salvation? There were no words she'd receive from me. I knew this, she knew this. Archibald speaks formally and without ceremony, my gaze flicks to him solidly -- as if he was hollow, as if the stare could somehow penetrate his flesh and see through to the other side. His words are heard, registered, numbly my crown nods its understanding. (Even if the mind is elsewhere, the flesh would still attempt to act normal.) As if on cue, or by the mercy of Earth, a Medic arrives to greet us. Her dragon captures the interest of my eldest companion, those bright predator orbs widen with hidden delight.

Africa stirs at my shoulder, I start, flinching as if she'd surprised me; and indeed the quiet lass had. My gaze shifts a side glance to her; dazed a little -- wordless I turn to look at Ktulu and those cold eyes as she breaks off to follow the mighty warlord. A frantic question races though the front of my mind. Did she somehow blame me? My answer comes in the form of a hiss as she all but bares those aged molars and snarles for me to never speak her way again. I stiffen, the rigid line of my jaw turns tense -- her grief was evident, but what good was shredding the remainder of decency between us? I'd been as honest as able the last time we'd spoke... Now these gems harden angrily, but my words are wisely locked behind iron bars. I remind myself that the crimson woman is hurt beyond measure and thus understandably cruel. Understood. Aye.

The world moves on.

Coldly they move on. Africa brightens visibly, (who could blame her) my face only darkens with unvocalized sadness. We shuffle for a 'garden,' I follow complacently, hanging behind. Purposely holding back, giving breath for Africa and the strawberry hued healer room to discuss while my heart nursed these new afflictions and found some semblance of relief through feeling totally numb.

Those demons swirl above, circling overhead and smiling their wicked little grins.
[Image: 53c231fe00a58]

Word count: 349
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Promised return (Leads, Lead Healer) - by Midas - 02-16-2015, 03:49 PM
RE: Promised return (Leads, Lead Healer) - by Midas - 03-05-2015, 11:27 AM