the Rift

Falling [Ophelia]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
O P H E L I A;
Can you save me? From this nothing I've become.

Ophelia's eyes were closed as she focused on the pain that burned in her hips. Jaydan's horn had cut deeper than she had originally realized, and the sensation was so strange. It ebbed and flowed like bloody tides along the shore, but it burned like dragon's fire. Just when it would begin to fade, the ache would catch her mind and grab hold of it tightly, begging her brain not to move. Please, gods do not move. Nyra's cut along her side was a scratch along the surface compared to this, but Ophelia was unwilling to ask the healer for help. She most likely had more important matters to attend to.

The young mare compared it to the pain in her heart when she had seen Osiris and dappled grey pegasus on the beach. Her soul ached in a way that grabbed at her eyes and mind, pulling her down so agonizingly slowly with every breath. That pain crushed her chest into emotions of inadequacy and imperfections, but this pain. It clutched at her brain with the grip of a harpy, forcing her to focus.

But, she felt alive. Constantly the pain was pulling her out of her memories, for once, and back into the present. Every second she existed was in the here and now, and she reveled in the newness of this experience. Was this how normal creatures lived? Second by second. Hour by hour. Minute by minute. Lucky them.

A small thud pulled her out of her thoughts, and her crystalline eyes snapped open, brows knitting with soft confusion. What was that? Instinct had long ago given way in her mind for the memories, so she willed her body forward, maintaining a slight limp on her hip, without thought to bodily injury. Even with Jaydan, it was not until he told her that he was going to kill her in cold blood that she had started running.

Cloven hooves moved easily through the sand as it slid through her tan toes, and she spied a black figure laying in the distance. Ophelia pushed her body into a limping jog, making her way to what she now saw was a handsome, dark colt. He had some strange contraption around his face, and he was bleeding. She blinked, hoping that he was still alive. What was he doing out here?

Ophelia snorted in surprise as she realized that among the black mass of fur and blood laid a dog of similar color, and she watched the pair curiously. "Boy," she murmured, lowering her grey muzzle to his face and gently shoving it to get his attention or wake him up. Ophelia flickered a white and crimson tail around her fetlocks. "Wake up," she hummed softly, her voice like ringing chimes. "Come, come. Lets get you some water."

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Falling [Ophelia] - by Knox - 09-15-2012, 05:56 PM
RE: Falling [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 09-16-2012, 01:01 AM
RE: Falling [Ophelia] - by Knox - 09-16-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: Falling [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 09-18-2012, 02:12 PM