the Rift

Enemies, Wars & Broken Hearts [Lace]

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
by the time I noticed; you were already g o n e

It was getting harder to hold this facade now. He could hear them, the screams of battle, the blood, the hate... The sheer malevolence of friend and foe alike as they fought for what they believed was right. Did they now know? You kill one and claim revenge from another. Violence breeds violence and war breeds war. Ones pain was another's victory and one's sorrow was another's gain. There was no good and evil in this world, just ones opinion of right and wrong that clashed with another. Would it ever end? It was like being in a never ending rain shower but the only problem was, Torasin wasn't sure he could soak up anymore.

The gilded steed was about to allow himself to fall deeper into the depths of complete misery when Kiba trilled from atop his back, warning him of an unknown horse in the vicinity. The paint allowed his gaze to travel across the meadow and into the golden pools of another and, to his surprise, vaguely recognized the steel grey stallion, who had strange markings on his face. However what was puzzling Torasin more was his brown's keen excitement, the sort of excitement he showed when another bonded creature came near. Keenly curious now, the tobiano steed turned to greet the stranger but wasn't quick enough as he spoke first.

"Is something eating you, brother?"

Damn it. Torasin inwardly cursed himself for letting the steed see him in such a weak state and quickly covered it up with the same old optimistic expression. The one Mirage had slowly broke as he had broken hers and of course, the cover up that kept him sane. Beaming happily away Torasin's exceedingly polite vocals answered the question of the oddly familiar stallion. "I shall be fine, Sir."

Suddenly a memory appeared from the race across Helovia, where the equines ran for Olympic glory. He had fallen at the start and this was the stallion who had taken advantage of his blunder and passed him. The memory made him laugh as it was something that only he would do and laughed even harder when he felt Kiba's embarrassment. The poor dragon must of felt like burying his head somewhere to be bonded to such a fumbling idiot. It was times like this that Torasin longed for the day they could speak in each others minds and he could hear the brown's thoughts. He sighed as the laughter drained away, realizing he hadn't actually laughed in a while. The paint gave his fellow competitor an apologetic face.

"I'm sorry, Sir, it's just I remember you from the race. My name is Torasin and this is Kiba, perchance what do they call you?" The brown bonded trilled in exuberant greeting, scattering a flock of birds with the sheer noise whilst flicking his long tail. Torasin rolled his eyes, he'd always been like this.

neverFading-stock.deviantart.com | lumibear.deviantart.com | art by titaniumsun.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Enemies, Wars & Broken Hearts [Lace] - by Torasin - 09-15-2012, 06:55 PM
RE: Enemies, Wars & Broken Hearts [Lace] - by Torasin - 09-16-2012, 07:35 AM