Enemies, Wars & Broken Hearts [Lace]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE

Who, in his mind,
has not probed the dark water?

Huh, so he had been correct. It was rather pleasing to find that his sense of smell hadn't begun to fail him yet. For each year that passed the steed felt more and more paranoid about getting old adn was happy for every chance to convince himself otherwise. Fajira helped too, by constantly claiming that he shouldn't be allowed to leave his mothers side yet. She could be so endearing sometimes...

Lace watched the paint with curiosity as the mask of politeness dropped and emotions began to play over his face. Had he been as obvious to Mirage when he'd tried to drive her off by pretending to be rough and brutish? The thought was unpleasant. Perhaps he would have to hone his theatrical skills somewhat - himself and Torasin alike. Though perhaps it had more to do with the familiar signs that he believed to have noticed within the stallions expressions. A bitter tint over the smiles, a voice that held a tone of darkness and listlessness. Paired with eyes that sometimes drifted off into thought, only to be snapped back into focus - he could just as well be looking in a mirror. Be it that their circumstances probably differed greatly, Lace still felt compassionate for the obviously depressed horse and wished there was something he could do for him.

"Yes.. Or rather, I've spoken to her. I wouldn't dare claim to know that lady, not in a million years." He raised an eyebrow as he noticed the slap of the tail the brown young dragon dealt, but chose not to comment on something so intimate. Instead the masked grulla grinned a little, rather pleased to have found someone to discuss the kind but sometimes frustrating WeyrLeader with. "She caught us as we passed through the Threshold forest, and since then I can't shake the feeling that I'm being stalked. The number of times we've come across one another is a bit suspicious, if I may say so."

He rolled his eyes, amused but with a certain degree of affection in the voice as he spoke of the shadow queen. He wasn't going to deny that she had managed to nestle her way into his mind, and probably found a place in his heart as well. It was still fragile, but a certain degree of friendship was sprouting between the two of them - much thanks to the stubbornness of her and the friendship between the golden dragon and Fajira.

"May I ask, are you a part of the Qian?" It could explain the lingering scent of the lady and also his concern about war. The thought made his ears begin to twist back towards the neck, but were intercepted as soon as the vagabond noticed it.

War. The word always carried the same bitter taste and could puncture the mood as easily as a needle to a balloon. The thought of bringing the flames of combat into this so far peaceful land wasn't pleasant. The more he thought about it though, the more Lace realized that he mulled it over like he already was a part of the events that were going to unfold. Not just because he knew about it, but also because his only friend in a long long time was going to start it. Could he afford not to be involved, to simply stand on the sidelines and wait until it was over? He thought not. Thus remained only a vague feeling of resentment towards the whole concept, that wasn't easy to shake.

Credits
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
Enemies, Wars & Broken Hearts [Lace] - by Torasin - 09-15-2012, 06:55 PM
RE: Enemies, Wars & Broken Hearts [Lace] - by Lace - 09-23-2012, 03:34 PM