the Rift

[OPEN] Remember When [Midas]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

It is not long until his voice draws the attention of a soul who surely called the Hidden Falls their home, but who it was, Apollo wasn't expecting. A garbled sound, chortling and uneven in tone causes smooth ears to snap forward, and the horned stag spotted a winged shape that he didn't recognize flit through the air and settle upon an overhanging vine in the thick canopy of treetops. Honey-brown oculars eye the bluish-white beauty with a look of awe... What was it? Who was it?

It reminded him of Fina, except... Except it was no flame-dancing phoenix, but a frigid, arctic bird. How odd. Upon his spine, Zola's head tilted and a curious 'mew' left her tiny maw.

"Hello there, beautiful sky-dancer," Apollo murmured softly, a smile upturning his lips as his eyes focused on the mythical avarian settled upon the vine overhead, "Do you know Midas?" Of course the companion surely wouldn't understand, but even then his question is answered with time.

Above him, the Gallant glides to the earth with far more grace, dignity, and poise than the Merciful land-bound stag could even hope to achieve. Spotting his winged brother, the stallion's grin broadens from sheer delight. Midas... "Oh, brother," Apollo responded, joy and jubilation causing his extremities to shiver and quake with excitement. Midas wastes no time in advancing, in welcoming him into his home and an embrace and Apollo nearly melts as he stretches his muzzle out to brush it fondly against the Gallant's own. "I've missed you too, Midas. Far more than words can hope to describe."

It was with those words that the crystalline horned overo moved closer and wrapped his neck about Midas' own, eyes falling closed as he simply breathed in his brother's scent. It hadn't been as long as their last period without seeing one another, but it had still been grueling and lonely without him.

After the passage of a few seconds, Apollo stepped back, his head lowering and a shy smile crossed his lips. Upon his back, Zola mewed again with curiosity, her vision only capable through Apollo's own gaze. Who was this winged stallion who so readily warmed her bonded's heart? "Oh, Midas... So much has happened since we last saw one another. Do you remember the egg Father Earth bestowed upon me?" Here, the monochromatic overo turned his neck and brushed his muzzle against the velvety soft fur of the feline-runt upon his back. "This is Zola; she's what was inside." The black, growing kitten seemed to puff up with pride at being the center of attention, tail flicking to and fro where it was wrapped before her dainty paws.

It was the simple excitement and need to catch up and speak with his family that spurred him to continue. "How are you? And the Falls?"

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Remember When [Midas] - by Apollo - 02-17-2015, 01:30 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Midas - 02-18-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Apollo - 02-18-2015, 07:18 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Midas - 02-22-2015, 04:28 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Apollo - 02-24-2015, 11:33 AM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Midas - 03-03-2015, 11:51 PM