the Rift

[OPEN] Remember When [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

midas
LINES IN THE SAND
There is little use for awkwardness or reservation as our whiskered noses and cheeks melt into the other; a heartbeat later our flexing necks cross. I unflinchingly bury my chin into the swath of his locks, pressing firmly against the yielding flesh to feel the warm throb of Apollo's gentle heart. My own swells with undiluted affection for the Overo stag. Love. A dangerous trait. His scent is overpowering, familiar, and richly rewarding. Tis an essence that spurs to life sudden childhood memories of golden winter wheat forced to dance at the whip of the endless southern breeze; youthful laughter and a soft song coming from the lips of a Ma who whispers lovingly to her painted boy.

He is the taste of rain and fresh soil.

Earth.

Withdrawing, I take a step back and meet that sly beam with a boyish grin. Sensitive ears flick forward when a soft sound tickles them curiously; my gaze flicks to his spine and catches a glimpse of silken fur and what appears to be a tiny feline of sorts. Tis not the muddy brown or grey cats that live alongside us in the forests and mountains -- but a miniature version, wrapped in a velvet coat of ebony. A set of sightless orbs per back at me, though as my head inclines they seem able to follow the motion as if seeing flesh instead of darkness.

Apollo answers my inner musings before I'd found need to give them voice. The egg? Ah, corners twist into a brighter smile, whimsical and curious. This little mammal came from such a thing? "Curious," I murmur softly, awed that an egg could create something obviously meant to be birthed through a womb. Yar, but there are far greater mystery's in this world, "Hail, young Zola."

"She is without sight?"

______

His next statement/question is expected, yet it still gives me pause. I wonder where to even begin. My gaze drifts to the prying arctica child above us. She whistles, a bright smile appeared when our eyes met. "Yon child is mine, Neve. Found during the last Frostfall." Darkening pools slide back to my brother, "Fina is on a hunt."

"Come," I motion toward the pathway leading up into our mountains, "Walk with me and we will palaver...there is much to say." Again my mind wondered, where to even begin?

These lips spun their tales. Of how Seele passed from this world; gone mad and shred apart by evil spirits that I'd failed to halt. My voice quivered toward the end and was quickly pressed to other topics... Such as Africa appearing on my doorstep, malnourished, one hoof in the grave. I spoke of our alliance with Dragons Throat and Guacho. How the Edge had received us kindly and would hopefully become cherished friends if not allies. Briefly, I mentioned Hototo, how his death and that of others had shook the whole of Helovia. The Moon Goddess...yar and how a fever took me as I listened to their cries for blood.

Lastly, I told him more of Africa; of our time together and apart -- how affections and passion bore a result. "I am to be a father once more..." My tone is uncharacteristly thick, weighted and vulnerable. The news had been broken with joy; yar, but when such pure emotion does labor for hold...so to did it cause pain in the form of doubt, fear. "I've failed them," by them, my meaning was directed to Hototo, Cera and Ranjiri. Children who would forever plague my thoughts and dreams.
image credit

Word count: 598
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Remember When [Midas] - by Apollo - 02-17-2015, 01:30 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Midas - 02-18-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Apollo - 02-18-2015, 07:18 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Midas - 02-22-2015, 04:28 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Apollo - 02-24-2015, 11:33 AM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Midas - 03-03-2015, 11:51 PM