the Rift

[OPEN] Remember When [Midas]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Upon his back, the black feline made a grand display of digging her paws into the horned stallion's back for purchase, tiny, pin-prick claws digging into skin beneath hide so she wouldn't fall, and with a great show that had Apollo's eyes rolling, Zola reached out with front paws forward, back arching and tail flicking left and right in an over exaggerated stretch. She loved to be the center of attention... Which was partially Apollo's fault, for after her premature birth he had doted upon her every whim.

"Mm-hmm," the Merciful stallion hummed in response to Midas' question, honey-brown eyes focusing back upon his winged brother, "She was born prematurely from her egg, and I fear that had something to do with it... But other than that, she's healthy." Apollo didn't go on to speak his inner musings, of how he was certain that Zola used his own very eyes to see the world around them. Such thoughts and inner dwellings could wait until later, until after they had caught up.

The arctic bird above whistles a pretty tune and Apollo's ears snap forward once more, his gaze drifting towards the pale creature questioningly, but before a word could escape his lips, Midas was answering him. Neve... So, this beautiful creature was a second companion of his brothers? "Interesting," the stallion mused aloud, head tilting, "I wasn't aware one could bond with more than one soul." He wondered what it felt like, to have not one, but two souls so intimately bound with one's own.

Turning his head and nudging Zola to settle back down upon his spine, lest she fall, the overo followed after Midas as they ventured further into the depths of the Hidden Falls. His eyes soaked in their surroundings, taking in the beauty of the place, and even though it wasn't the Foothills... His heart still beat a touch faster to realize that he was walking upon the earth that he had once served as Chief. None could protect this land as well as Midas could... But soon, his vision drifted back to the golden form of his brother, and his expression began to droop as Midas informed him of the changes and events that had occurred.

Seele... The name was familiar, achingly so, but Apollo could not place a face to the name. They had never met... Yet from Midas' words, he could tell that the Gallant had cared for her a great deal. Silently Apollo whispered a prayer in his mind for her. Africa... Africa. Had they met? He couldn't remember, but once more, the name was familiar.

To hear that the Falls was on good standing with the Dragon's Throat and the World's Edge caused the painted stag to smile broadly. "Good." He said simply, because it was good. Even if the Edge wouldn't ally with the Falls, Apollo himself had long-ago sworn himself to Midas' beck and call... Just as he knew Midas, himself, would come if Apollo called upon him. 'Twas the unspoken kinship of their relationship.

So much had happened, and Apollo was rapt to listen. Death, namely of Hototo Ktulu's son, had the stag recalling the events of the World's Edge herd meeting, and how the dark lady had been so terribly subdued. His heart ached in sudden realization; she had lost her son... Yet, fever and illness had plagued Midas... How could one man handle so much? So much pain? So much weight? So much duty, and still be himself? A soft, sympathetic look crossed Apollo's boyish face, but such a look gave way to a shell-shocked expression at Midas' final admission; he was to be a father.

A father! The realization caused the monochromatic to wriggle.

"Oh, joy of joys!" Apollo cried, haunches bracing as he reared up a few inches in a small display of excitement, careful not to knock Zola from his withers, "Oh, congratulations, brother-mine." Yet Midas did not seem to share his excitement, and for one foolish moment Apollo feared he had acted an imbecile... Failed them? Who? How?

"Midas." The Merciful murmured softly, head drooping yet honey-brown eyes staring solemnly at his winged brother beneath dark lashes. "No... Gods, no. I... Do not understand the responsibilities nor concerns one feels upon siring children. I've never had offspring... But this land is far more to blame than the souls who walk the soil. We are but mortals. We can only make do with what we are given, and... This land can be so terribly cruel, yet it can be the richest of blessings. Surely you've failed no one..." Even though Apollo didn't understand the paternal thoughts and emotions when it came to children, he did understand failure.

He understood the all-consuming guilt of letting those he loved down. He understood past-transgressions. He understood... But how could he make Midas understand? Perhaps he never could... But Apollo would swear, has swore, to stay by Midas' side no matter the outcome.

Tentatively he went on, dark lips forming words carefully with a pinched, cautious expression. "Are... Are you excited? To father a child?"

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Remember When [Midas] - by Apollo - 02-17-2015, 01:30 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Midas - 02-18-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Apollo - 02-18-2015, 07:18 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Midas - 02-22-2015, 04:28 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Apollo - 02-24-2015, 11:33 AM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Midas - 03-03-2015, 11:51 PM