the Rift

[OPEN] Remember When [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

midas
LINES IN THE SAND
We strived and did the best we could, aye. Although it seemed our most well meant efforts are equal to that of mud...

The weight of leadership was ever constant, but its pressure was mild compared to the aching of recent grief that was hardly a season old. My heart was troubled and sought counsel out of a valent need to correct the missteps. Apollo looked to me, gently and with wisdom falling from his lips. I listened earnestly, not interrupting. His words are truth, indeed, this land was tainted; yet, we were all held for our actions. Or at least...some of us were.

"Morals are fickle, their hearts sway with each breath of wind," my muzzle rises to the cliffs, "What is cherished and praised one moment -- is often forgotten or cast out in the next." The painted fellow then asks if I'm happy to father a babe. I think of Ranjiri and in response these lips tighten, pursing as my mind muses, 'Did I appear so unhappy that the subject of children would be greeted with something less than utter joy?' Yar, it must be so, for here he is looking to me for an answer.

"Aye," vocals lower to a soft hum, "I've pondered, in quiet moments about the idea of another child." The lines around my eyes soften, making me seem younger than the aged warrior who stood before his brother, "Aye, I'm glad of it." Was it selfish to want a second chance? Africa offered it. Willingly she stayed close. Our relationship thickened like the canopy of timber as it matured.

"There is other things I would hear thee counsel on." Our subject was fixing to take a rapid turn; anticipating, the tone of my voice darkens considerably, "Basin's spies have been seen in our mist...they attempt to steal from us. How shall I deal with them?" By now we'd passed beneath the awning waterfall tunnel and slipped down into the lower valley via a curvy path. Neve soars overhead, watching, though thankfully not interrupting our discussion.

image credit

Word count: 340
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Remember When [Midas] - by Apollo - 02-17-2015, 01:30 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Midas - 02-18-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Apollo - 02-18-2015, 07:18 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Midas - 02-22-2015, 04:28 PM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Apollo - 02-24-2015, 11:33 AM
RE: Remember When [Midas] - by Midas - 03-03-2015, 11:51 PM