the Rift

[OPEN] Summers Respite

Hearth Posts: 22
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 8 (FF) HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Locks
Hearth

That torrent storm has finally ceased and I am free again. My memories of the past few days are more fitting to be called dreams rather then memories, so strange are they, so unlike what I have known and yet not. I remember the chill sting of the rain on my skin, hurried by a howling gale that spurned from the thunderous maw of the sky, falling with the rage of a broken river that was more alike to swimming underwater then flying. I had felt the fury of storms before, knew well of their strength but even I, Hearth, bloodied traveler of the world, was at mercy this time, just as newborn orphan was at mercy to the opportunist pard who found it. Which is to say, I was to die, for what pard would ever pass the chance on a painless meal?

Below I remember the surge and thrashing of the waves as they devoured the land with ravenous hunger, consuming it all till nothing but a maddened ocean raged beneath, ever moaning, never ceasing. How those black waters lusted for my flesh, I will never forget the sight and may yet be forever be haunted by it. My great wings, my greatest strength, burdened by water and the ruthless onslaught of the wind, could not hold me however valiantly they fought for the both of us. Every stroke threatened to break my heavy bone, every muscle strained against being torn asunder when the wind caught beneath them, struggled to steer when battered from all sides to keep me from falling into the dark throat that would end me.

My thoughts were grim but not unafraid. Life is borrowed and I am not unlike any other. I know one day I'll die and I do not hold that fact in contempt. There is no point to. It is Law. But that is not to say it is wrong to fight against it, no. You are meant to. That is just the way of it, for we are from dust and must thus return to dust to renew what we have been given. This I understand, for I am Hearth, knower of the immoveable truths.

I very well had been bested by the storm, yet salvation came in the most unexpected of forms, which is where I begin to think of my memories as a dream yet I know it not to be. A monolithic structure alone, carried by trees stood against the tide and it was upon this vessel that others and I survived, biding our time till the worst had finally passed.

And now I find this world...renewed. It is an odd feeling beyond my understanding, though content I remain in not knowing the truth to its mystery for I need not to to reap its benefits. For now, I'm glad to just be alive and rest in the meadow I have found.

I lay hidden in these tall emerald reeds like a newborn foal, my legs neatly tucked beneath me and my head resting softly against my side. My mighty wings are released from their normal restraints and lay lazily outstretched beside me to bask in the glory of the sun which covers me like a hot blanket, a comfort I shamelessly enjoy in its intensity.
_________
"blahblahblah."
thoughts
@[Gull] but open!
For flame, for heart
Image Credit
  • Permission granted to harm Hearth and use magic against her, but withhold from dismemberment and death.

• Also, please tag Hearth in Threads!

Messages In This Thread
Summers Respite - by Hearth - 02-17-2015, 01:35 PM
RE: Summers Respite - by Hearth - 02-24-2015, 02:52 PM
RE: Summers Respite - by Caleb - 02-25-2015, 01:02 AM