Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
So.

Hot.

So very hot.

It is unbearably hot.

I have flown too far and much too hard in this heat. Without a breeze nor a cloud in a sky there is no release from the Tallsun weather. A sheen of sweat tickles my hide. I blink as a drop of sweat drips into my eye. Ew.

My raindrop charm almost seems to work harder at putting out its cool water droplets. But despite its hard work I am afraid that its droplets are small and are not enough to combat against the heat that pour down today. I wish that it was rain that was pouring down instead.

My flight muscles quiver and strain. My feathers search desperately for an uplifting breeze. The scorching sun seems to happily sap away my strength along with that of every other poor soul in its reach to fuel his fires with even more heat. I love the God of the Sun dearly, but I do wish that he would rein his oversized overzealous minion in. It has gotten to be harder and harder to remain in flight but landing is not an option at the moment. Closely bunched trees pss by beneath me. A landing upon one of them is not an option, my birdlike qualities only go so far, and they are pressed too close together for a landing between. But I have come to know the Grove well, and soon I will pass over the pond. Near to the pond is a small clearing that would be perfect.

Just a little farther.

A bit more.

Almost!

Yes! I am over the pond and so close to the planned landing space that I can see it. But the gods all laugh in the face of plans. My muscles give out.

They give out halfway across the pond. My adrenaline is late to the party and I am nearly in the water whenever I begin to start kicking and flapping wildly. I try my best to climb back into the sky. Instead I plop into the water and I sink like a rock.

In the beginning I sink in exhaustion. Then I sink in shock. Once my hindquarters hit against the pond's bottom filled with wonder for the little world that suddenly surrounds me. Time slows; it almost seems to stop completely. Fish of every shape and size swim together in schools. Strange plants flourish. Sunlight filters into the water's depths and dances in a way that I have never seen it before.

Only an ear's distance before me a fish looks to be just as surprised as I am and I am left unsure if his eyes naturally bulge so or if my sudden visit had surprised him that much. I suppose the dislike of unannounced visitors is universal for all species. I give the startled fish a tip of my ear in greeting and apology before springing to the surface for much needed air.

Pulling myself from the water I snuffle on some that I got in my nose and laugh. Bright eyed and dripping in water I look around to see if anyone is nearby to hear of what I had seen while visiting the fish.

@[Alysanne] I cannot believe that we never threaded. I would love for you and anyone else that wants to drop in.
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
New Worlds - by Rei - 02-17-2015, 09:22 PM
RE: New Worlds - by Aisling - 02-20-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: New Worlds - by Alysanne - 02-21-2015, 07:31 PM