the Rift

[✗] of IDLE wings and violent SHADOWS

Hiraeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Hiraeth
on the run from a thief I let into my head

Her attention darted towards the dark pegasus that suddenly appeared on the scene. Hearing their words, coupled with the hellhound's moderately passive appearance, lessened her guard a little. Senses were still overwhelmed by the amazingly large amount of strange things bombarding her, but she managed to compose herself well enough for tense muscles and body to slowly relax with a few passing seconds. Her head lowered and and leveled with her shoulders as she looked between the two stallions that were present in the clearing with her, regarding them both with silent inquisitiveness.

She turned her good eye towards the newest arrival, tilting her head in mild curiousness. Gaze focused majority on his wings, and then tentatively glanced over at her own right wing as she unfurled it, as if comparing the two. Mother said wings weren't natural.. The long silence that befell the small mare - who was quite dwarfed by the two surrounding her - was odd at very best.

"My name is Hiraeth," she spoke quietly, "... I come from Northeast. Is this as far West as one can go?" She couldn't help but wonder if what Mother had meant when she spoke of 'those in the west,' was that they would be like her..

The Shadows appeared just as quickly as she thought those words. Their form - seen only by her eyes (a fact she is unaware of) - was ephemeral and abstract at best. There was no expression on Their faces, no words on Their lips... just a cold silence that chilled the button-sized mare. Instinctively, her body and muscles became rigid again; stiff and nervous as her eyes followed Them from one side of the clearing to the next. Breathing caught in her throat and became shallow as They passed between the two stallions with a slow, almost uncaring gait.. coming to rest between the two, although lingering a tad closer to the black and gold pegasus.

It was there that They stopped, and so did her eyes. Their stature and height dwarfed both of the stallions. Ears that had been plastered back against her head in nervous confusion slowly inched up in curiousness. It was quite unusual for Them to be so.. quiet, if that was the correct word. Petite head cocked to the side as she regarded the lingering Shadows, unkempt forelock falling across her eyes in an immature fashion. But just as quickly as They came, They were gone; vaporizing and melding into the shadows at the edge of the clearing. Why? They never show up just to leave...

She glanced between the pegasus and unicorn, a look of genuine confusion crossing her face for a brief moment. Maybe the stallions just didn't happen to notice Them. They had to be so distracted by attempting to comfort her, that they were blissfully unaware of the looming figure that had been standing a foot or so to their south.. right? Surely her intimidation by Their presence wasn't uncalled for, even if They had never posed physical harm to her in the past.

She felt an irritating, throbbing ache start to form behind her blind eye. The resonating pulse was distracting; maybe it was the Tallsun's humid wrath that brought upon the headaches? Or perhaps her mind was simply overwhelmed by the vast amount of bizarre new sensations, stimulations, and creatures this strange land was home to...

After a minute or two of awkward silence as she regained herself, she speaks up again. "Helovia... Hellh-uund? Is all this normal?" she murmurs, stepping more towards the center of the clearing, and away from the shadows with a nervous glance. Her mispronunciation of such a simple word was a bit comical, but could easily be attributed to her thick accent. "I'm sorry for my confusion; where I come from, even wings are not common... let alone glowing wol- um," she stopped herself, looking embarassed, "... hellhunds."

Edited @10a; I realized I was sleepy when I wrote this, and that the paragraphs about the Voices made almost no sense... :X Sorry! Hopefully I fixed that. @[Rostislav] @[Bucephalus]
Code © INKBONE, please do not use!

Messages In This Thread
[✗] of IDLE wings and violent SHADOWS - by Hiraeth - 03-26-2015, 11:23 PM
RE: ✗ // of IDLE wings and violent SHADOWS - by Hiraeth - 03-27-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: ✗ // of IDLE wings and violent SHADOWS - by Hiraeth - 03-28-2015, 01:40 AM